* OSX for X86 on p2p

apparently!

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000690046419/

don't really see the point of running an OS with very little functionality myself.
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

Err maybe its for developers? hence its the developer release?
    James Chillman -UK Backup Limited
    www.ukbackup.com- Online Backup Offsite Backup, Backup Software

if you read the user comments on that page, or on the slashdot post about this you will find out that no one has been able to download it yet. So either its a fake or its being past around very slowly.

It is for developers, but that doesnt mean that its has limited functionality. It includes a fully translated version of iLife, and Rosetta will run all of the 3rd party PPC apps.

This isnt a brand new version either, it has been developed for 5 years along side the PowerPC version of OS X. It will contain some bugs and hardware compatibility issues, but its still fully functional.

Im already using OS X on my Mac so this isnt anything important to me though.

I dont think it would be very good if leaked like that, because still having bugs, and if apple just announced that, they shouldnt be that far along...

If you watched the wwdc keynote the computer that steve was using through the entire presentation was a Pentium 4 mac, all mac programs work on it and he even showed that Photoshop and Microsoft Office worked on it using rosetta.

Mac OS X for x86 intel chips isn't new, just because your just now hearing about it does not mean that it is not complete. The keynote even says that every single OS X version release has been made for both processors. Theyve been planning a possible switch for the last 5 years. They even had working Intel iMacs at wwdc for the developers to use. This was not just a sudden announcement.

Also apple is not stupid, they knew that it would be leaked if they just simply gave it to developers with a generic off-the-shelf intel processor and intel motherboard. If there is any anti-piracy protection on it, it will easily be hacked anyways. This will spread the userbase of OS X dramaticly and will help them alot more in the end.

Just like how pirating actually helped Microsoft, Adobe, and Macromedia.

twas' only a matter of time... can't wait to run a hacked OSX on a PC

Originally posted by JJordan
    twas' only a matter of time... can't wait to run a hacked OSX on a PC
    You already can with PearPC. It's not 'hacked' in the bad sense, rather it just emulates the PowerPC CPU. It is pretty damn slow from what I hear though. Won't have to wait much longer to get OSX for X86, since Apple dumped IBM a few days ago

anyone know if it'll only work in Intel processors? Or all x86 processors, including AMD?

Originally posted by mouldy_punk
    anyone know if it'll only work in Intel processors? Or all x86 processors, including AMD?
    Intel only, which has been stated numerous times on the intarweb, and it will only run on Mac Hardware due to a special chip which again can be found on the intarweb.

Google anyone?

Originally posted by TehBooster
    Intel only, which has been stated numerous times on the intarweb, and it will only run on Mac Hardware due to a special chip which again can be found on the intarweb.

Google anyone?
    Supposedly the developer edition will run on either because the method they are using to lock down OSX to Apple branded hardware isn't ready yet.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

I've been using flyakite - pretty cool mac mod
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

The torrents out there are fake.

Most just contain GNAA over and over if you look at them with a hex editor