DirectAdmin Resources?

Hi, I am currently looking into purchasing this Pentium 4 server from Layeredtech.com

http://www.layeredtech.com/order.php?packageId=86

They offer free DirectAdmin on this server, and I was just wondering how much the control panel will effect server performance, as I was going to use it to host gameservers. From what I have heard, cPanel is a resource hog, but I haven't heard a whole lot about DirectAdmin.

Also, I had one other question......

Without a control panel, is it possible to add FTP users/accounts to the server? If so, how? (The server will have CentOS/FreeBSD)

Thank You very much

Have a great day!

-steve

You can add FTP/user accounts without a control panel, but it's much more time consuming. DirectAdmin is the lightest of the popular control panels, so I would suggest leaving it on there--it won't affect your performance at all [AFAIK].

Having [email protected] makes it local to the domain.. otherwise on a shared hosting server people would have trouble creating more than one "Dan" or "Mike" user

Directadmin is extremely low impact on the server. One of the things I love about it, the panel itself doesn't kill the cpu.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Thank You both Danx and Dixiesys very much!

I just ordered my server today, and I did opt to have DirectAdmin installed....

Thank You again
    -steve