* computer question..again

First let me explain to you what I need help on. Im a computer n00b so I dont know all that much about computers, so Im going to need some help about ram choices and so forth.

I have 2 computers, both Im wanting to put some more ram inside of them. Now let me give you the specs of them both:

AMD Athlon 3200 64-bit
    512 MB (Dual Channel 2x256MB) DDR (PC 3200) (now 356mb ram -)
    160gb HD

For my ram, I just installed a game called, medal of honor on this computer and it droped me down to 356, Im looking to install more ram so Im going to need some help on picking the correct choices of ram.

Im looking at this place and this place only: newegg.com great deals on some ram all over but I dont want to go out and buy it yet incase its wrong or something. May someone PLEASE help me choose the correct ram for this computer? The budget of how much it costs does not matter, just something at least an extra 512 as I plan to install more games such as the following:
    bf2
    cod
    coduo
    mohsh
    mohbt
    hl2
    csource

Im looking for ram thats at least 512 and higher, if you find a good deal that fits this computer on hdd please post the link.

Now for my second computer, I have an:
    AMD Athlon Superme (or however you spell it) 3100
    256mb ram
    60gb hdd

This computer's purpose is for, surfing the net, etc personal use but i wont play games on this computer, I guess you can say its my work computer?, do you belive this is enough ram for me? Or should I perhaps install some more just in case?

Also if you find any good links of what ram i should buy, please say which computer that ram is used for example:

AMD 3200: http://post the ram link from newegg here

or say you found some good ram for the other computer
    AMD 3100: http:// post the ram link from newegg here please

----------------------------
    Before you post your reply to me, I had one thing Im having trouble on getting an answer on; For these two computers does it have to be specific ram? OR can I just go browser on the newegg.com website and then find some good ram, example say I find about 512GB ram for what ever price and then say oh i need that and then buy, then install it on my computer??? ORRRRR when i find say again example 512mb ram on the newegg.com website and say oh well let me see it does not fit with my motherboard or something, I dont quite understand.

Thanks in ADVANCED.
    Last edited by StanSQL; 06-12-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Not sure if I'm getting what you're saying here. Installing a game doesn't drop RAM from your system, it takes up hard drive space. Only when you RUN the game does it use the RAM.

Think of it this way: your filing cabinet is your hard drive, your desk is your ram. As you pull a file from the cabinet and put it on your desk it is temporarily taking up the desk space. Same with games: when you run the game it temporarily takes up ram, then when you close it the ram is freed. Just like if you put the file back in the cabinet your desk space is freed again.

So, you really shouldn't need more RAM for either machine. At the most, another 512 in the gaming machine will get it to be top of the line. Maybe more hard drive space might be in order if you have a small drive, but you've got a 160GB drive - plenty to fit all those games! Install them all and have fun!

Well, installing a game doesn't take off ram. But just get another 512 stick, DDRAM is so cheap these days. That's why I have 2GB on a home computer.

Fortress your a madman but I envy your 2gb ram!

StanSQL, as others have posted, you don't NEED anymore memory but you could use it. unless you are planning on running those games at the same time (which is pretty much impossible practically) when you exit the game you will get that ram back and when you jump into another game you will use up some ram.

Ram is used when something is running when its not, it uses 0 ram but some diskspace. In terms of what memory to get, (some will disagree) since you are are new to computers, you have 2 fine machines there and you should consider just buying the ram from someone that knows your box and motherboard. This means seeing how many free slots you have (probably 2 on both systems).

Wherever you bought the systems is where you should go (will cost you a bit more). If you don't know how to install ram, and dont want to know then don't even try. It isn't hard at all but you sound like someone who wants to just have it done for them. If not, post here we can dig into the motherboard specs and go from there. One question though, this doesnt seem like a dedicated server question so you may want to either post this in the lounge, the technical questions forum or perhaps a mod can move it for you.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Check out protonic.com, they should be able to help you. Unless of course, the guys on this site don't mind.
    Funny Pics, Hot Chicks, and Cool Flicks!!!
    Get Opera, which is now ad-free and no licensing fee.

Im not exactly sure if all of you understand what Im saying. Everyone has posted which im thankful of but you all are talking about games and thats not the subject.

Im asking on help of which ram to pick that will fit and work with my computers that i have listed the specs. I said in the topic that i plan to install more games, yes it did use up my ram i had 512 and after i played the game a little bit and chek my ram i have 356, it does use the ram on or off the game. As on the box says it needs 254 mb ram or something that is what you need to install the same. It does use your ram, it does not restore it either unless you remove the game.

Im going to post my question again: Im asking for your help to find what kind of ram will fit my both of my computers, why do you think i listed my specs?

Here is the question again, dont mind anything about gaming or anything just this question please:

Could you help me find some good ram at newegg.com and only newegg.com Im not inetested in no gay EBAY or anywhere else only newegg.com

I need help to find ram, i dont care what the price is just asking you guys to help me find ram that will work with my machine?

Do you know what motherboard you have? Then I can suggest memory to you.

Originally posted by StanSQL
    it does use the ram on or off the game. As on the box says it needs 254 mb ram or something that is what you need to install the same. It does use your ram, it does not restore it either unless you remove the game.
    You mean to tell me that I thunk up that cool analogy about the desk and the filing cabinet for nothing? If what you say is true, then I must have a crapload of RAM on my machine! I have everything from Diablo II to Doom3 on my box. No disrespect Stan, but why you came to a Webhosting forum to discuss your PC ram has just become painfully apparent.

Anyway - you need to post what motherboard you have before anyone can recommend some RAM for your machine...

Originally posted by StanSQL
    Here is the question again, dont mind anything about gaming or anything just this question please:

Could you help me find some good ram at newegg.com and only newegg.com Im not inetested in no gay EBAY or anywhere else only newegg.com

I need help to find ram, i dont care what the price is just asking you guys to help me find ram that will work with my machine?
    I don't know why u aint interested in no gay ebay but that is where you can find some of the best deals out there. Newegg is a great company, has great prices, but e-bay will still beat them most of the time. Ram has nothing to do with what processor and games you are running, it depends on the motherboard that you are using.

Your motherboard with have X slots available for Y type of ram. Without knowing X and Y we can't give you L (the links you request).
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com