hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : vortechhosting down :-(

Forum Jump

vortechhosting down :-(

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2002, 05:52 AM
WHT Addict

vortechhosting down :-(

since 1 hour vortechhosting.com down

| 15 | 100 | 64.159.0.46 | gige9-1.hsipaccess2.Orlando1.Level3.net

100 % Packetloss

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Web Hosting Master

Works fine here

And why did you post that thread here?

This isn't vortech support.

Old 03-24-2002, 01:17 PM
WHT Addict

Seems to be working fine here

Last edited by Woody; 03-24-2002 at 09:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2002, 08:51 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
And why did you post that thread here?

This isn't vortech support.
Maybe he thought that people looking for a dedicated server might like to know.... I figure if a host has good support and their customers are 100% satisifed, they won't come here. If however a host isn't good at communicating or their service is really bad, people tend to come here. I would like to know in advance of signing up if either of these is the case. Anyway, I understand that WHT isn't a support forum for other people's customers, but at the same time I hope it doesn't just become a place for banner advertising. It's nice to have a place where we can see how people are liking thier time at different hosts, the good the bad and the ugly.

Old 03-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: vortechhosting down :-(

Quote:
Originally posted by ZYE
since 1 hour vortechhosting.com down

| 15 | 100 | 64.159.0.46 | gige9-1.hsipaccess2.Orlando1.Level3.net

100 % Packetloss

This seems to be a problem at gige9-1.hsipaccess2.Orlando1.Level3.net, which is somewhere between your ISP and vortech. Vortechhosting.com loads up fine for me, it really isn't their fault if some other part of the Internet is not working properly.

cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

Old 03-24-2002, 10:08 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
it really isn't their fault if some other part of the Internet is not working properly
Good point.

What can be frustrating at times is that if you are connected with ISP 1 and have your server at Host 2, many times when a problem occurs both will say that it's not their fault, and strictly speaking it isn't. It's just a problem in between. And of course as a consumer what leverage do you have over someone in between who you're not paying? I guess you just have to hope that either the host will go out of ther way to pressure their upstream provider (who they are paying) to fix the problem sooner rather than later, or that it will affect plenty of people so they will fix it right away, or if it happens often one of the two providers will switch their providers to the route will be different and not travel over the problematic, congested, etc. hop.

Old 03-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by panopticon
I guess you just have to hope that either the host will go out of ther way to pressure their upstream provider (who they are paying) to fix the problem sooner rather than later, or that it will affect plenty of people so they will fix it right away, or if it happens often one of the two providers will switch their providers to the route will be different and not travel over the problematic, congested, etc. hop.
That's a good point as well.

And further, it might be an upstream provider of an upstream provider. So your host might have to alert UUNet, UUNet might have to alert Verio, Verio might have to alert Time Warner (assuming Time Warner are are the source of the problem in this example).

Usually though problems like this affect a huge quantity of Internet traffic, so it's generally sorted out in a reasonable amount of time.

cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

Old 03-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

DownTime???

Yes our network did go down for about 5 min. as of last night... ( First time in a long time.. )
Telseon who provides connectivity between Vortech and Level3 had a maintenance window on 3/7 and never used it. Also posted here ( http://support.vortechhosting.com/sh...hp?threadid=11 ).

We never went down that day (3/7) and they never told us they had moved the maintenance window to last night at around 4AM.
We were not down the full time as our Qwest link did kick in. So this may be why some could see the site and some did not..

I hope this helps.. We were also here last night to let every one know we were down and were working on it.. I think i even talked to a few of users last night as well.

Any Vortech Inc. Users sorry we had no idea of the maintenance window or i would made sure every one had 48 to 72 hours notice.

Old 03-25-2002, 12:10 AM
Web Hosting Master

This happens often with Telseon lately. Once they advised at 4 AM that there was a sheduled maintenance from 0-5 AM

Old 03-25-2002, 04:51 AM
WHT Addict

why i did post here

my customers were already complaining. As is provide hosting for europe the outage was from 9:45 AM till 12:30 PM.

I tried to contact you -(by phone ) and i even called level3 in CO but nobody was rechable.

Then i went to this form maybe someone else had this problem and my get in touch with you.

i was very nervous about the downtime and also my customers.

As for support and uptime - (i have a RAQ since september)

support is very good - nothing bad to say about you vortech.
Mike was also very helpful if i needed something.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted