Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by niyogi
    Matt:

I'm not sure you read my post entirely. To your first point, the prospect doesn't necessarily want to give their e-mail out and would rather e-mail in sales.

To your second point, I'm not sure how you call "you're right" a horrible excuse. I mentioned that outsourced support teams that provide live chat do a poor job because they are handling procedures for multiple hosting companies. Sure you can *give* them the information; but for the outsourced provider to act on it, well that's a different story. You could say that hosting companies that do outsource support should spend more to hire techs that work for them with the level of dedication and attention that would make these "briefings" more fruitful.

To your third and final point, I myself am a consumer and it's not particularly necessary (I don't think) for the preachers to talk about customer loyalty. There's a deeper problem in the management of handling of the number of customers a hosting company has and the level of dedication and attention that's given. There are a handful of new hosting companies that sprout daily - they enjoy the attention and promise of attending to the needs of their small customer base. Lo and behold, a couple of hundred customers later, it's a juggling act and the customers suffer.

Multiply and exponentialize the above and you have large companies demonstrating the same. I can live with being a hypocrite sometimes (criticizing customer service and having a difficult time to deliver it) but it seems that others are in a fair bit of denial (or at least in for a pretty large surprise) if they believe otherwise.

Roj
    Roj, I should have noted my reply in no way meant to be in reference to you or your company. I was only speaking in general terms. Also, horrible was too strong a word, so my apologies on that.

The point I was trying to make was that customer service is an aspect that many hosting companies seem to struggle with. The basis of that struggle is the lack of planning and education companies today seem to bring forth. A little proactive attention and focus would help them avoid losing customers due to poor customer service. Outsourced support should be just as capable of answering a question as effectively as someone in-house. If the outsourced firm cannot provide that, then the company who hired them should look elsewhere as an arrangement like that will ultimatley cause them to lose sales and customers.

Perhaps I expect more from the companies I deal with than others. Some people are willing to sacrifice good customer service to save a few bucks....I am not one of them. Recently one of the "darlings" of WHT lost out on a sizeable contract due to their horrible sales support. The sales staff did not even know that they offered certain thing until it was pointed out on their site. Proactive training could have eliminated this issue, but the company had chosen to neglect this aspect of their business and it has cost them.

In any event, I think we are taking this thread off-topic so let's get back to the thread starters issue.

In my opinion, if live chat is going to poor quality there is no reason to even offer it to customers. I personally don't really like it all that much, though we do offer it.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Matt:

You're right that this is getting off-topic. Food for thought is that while outsourced support team should be just as capable, clients should be willing to pay more for that. But that's WAY off topic.

Anyhow....we return to the thread...

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

I am the most guilty for dragging this off-topic into a general discussion about what the merits of "chat" and only incidentally defending Gazzin's Chat (and pre-sales support), but, hopefully one more point will not hurt anything.

When I talk to a web host, I like to talk to the highest level support people I can reach. The hightest level people are always out answering tickets, fixing things and answering email. The Chat people will be the least expensive, lowest level people, and will probably be outsourced people. Why purposely put another layer between you and the people who really know the answers? Remember the kid's game, where the farther you get from the source, the more garbled the message?

I have bad experience with gazzin, in your page i see this "Get answer to pre-sales question" when i clic to chat to get support the operator Eric tell me send a mail to sales@gazzin.com, for me is not a good service.

The question were
    can i pay with virtual credit card?
    another was about transfer accounts

Are There PRE SALES QUESTION?

If you know about good reseller plan with good support, please tell me, and if it is possible with professional people.

Sorry for my english

I think gazzinare passing a bad season. Maybe they up later.

The last three weeks all of possible things happened. In that point i dont know if laugh of cry.

My customer more affected hopefully follow my advise and i am moving to him to a reseller with invision board, because some days ago the customer phpbb vanished with all the info.

Gazzin atre doing the best they can, but something is happen, this is sure. I hope with their reorganization all get fixed.

Honestly, I'm not sure what a virtual credit card is. On this subject, Eric might have been playing it safe by telling you to contact sales@

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

I am mexican and think i know what is a virtual credit card.

In my country are little paranoid about the use of a credit card, and banamex and other credit card agencies, mastercard, give u a chance to create a virtual credit card.

As far i know, gazzin accept because i pay with a virtual card, and someone sayme they use paypal , but not accept when i sign.

As far i know gazzin use of paypal is recent or inexistent.

Hi,

The reason Eric asked you to email sales due to your request using a virtual credit card. Many of us does not know therefore, instead blindly telling you that "yes we accept them" but later gets denied it will just frustrate the user more. Therefore, this query require upper management who has access to the billing gateway and policies to answer your query.

However, since this query was made publicly we have addressed this issue in our knowledge base to improve our response as well as our customer service.

Thank you
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12