Thread: Dummy

Dummy

A client ordered one of our web hosting plans. He chose a free subdomain: http://wrz.******.net. And payed. The account was activated. And nothing unusual.

Then we receive an email from this client. He was using another email account. And wanted to change from the free subdomain to a domain he had registered.

On the FROM field of the email:

Warez Bittorent Nacional

Definition of dummy:

A stupid person; a dolt.
    Lookup your IP: snoopmyip.com
    Proxy Guide: proxyspot.com

lol, what an idiot. You should have realised or asked more questions when he chose wrz.***.net because that gives it away.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

idiot or ignorant ??

I guess it was a mistake. He used that email account and didn't remeber that he had that text on the From field. He signed with a different email account.

Originally posted by etechsupport2
    I think he is ignorant or mistaken. Possibly it's not a dummy one.
    He's going to host a warez site. He doesn't want the host to know. He probably uses that warez email account for everyday use. He forgot what was in the From field. He uses that account to email the host.

He's a banana!

I had a phone conversation with him. No, he's not dummy. He has a clear thinking. He organizes well his arguments. He tried to defend P2P. And we had a laugh about his mistake!

To be fair, a torrent tracker by no means constitues a warez site, last I checked the hashes stored by a .torrent file werent breaking any copyright laws as they were merely hashes, not the actual content. And none of the content on the tracker is copyrighted as only hash files are stored.

Having said that, this person is trully dumb.