Would you recommend diyhosting.ca

I am looking for a web host as want to know if you would recommend diyhosting.ca

DIYhosting.com and DIYhosting.ca are totaly different companies! Please understand this. I would recommend DIYhosting.ca as it has brilliant prices and there support is outstanding!

thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by DanX
    I have never used them, but judging by IHSL's posts on WHT, I would trust them.

[IHSL [Simon] is their owner and has a few thousand posts here.]
    Note that IHSL (Simon) is the owner of diyhosting.com, not diyhosting.ca. As mentioned, they are 2 separate companies.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Ryan is the owner of DIYhosting.ca and he is one of the best people when it comes to support. I think you will be very happy with them.

Originally posted by vito
    Note that IHSL (Simon) is the owner of diyhosting.com, not diyhosting.ca. As mentioned, they are 2 separate companies.

Vito
    Those two domains are way too similar, that could cause a lot of confusion. I don't think that two hosting companies should have the same domain with a different TLD.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Originally posted by HostingInsider
    Those two domains are way too similar, that could cause a lot of confusion. I don't think that two hosting companies should have the same domain with a different TLD.
    Well, you should probably take that up with the .ca site, as diyhosting.com has been around for a while...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by HostingInsider
    This is true.

However, as Vito said, this needs taking up with Ryan @ diyhosting.ca. As long as CIRA allow him to have the domain, and he keep renewing it, there's nothing can be done despite the fact that legally CIRA should not allow this.

CIRA hide behind copy and paste factoids, and outdated rules. I know two other companies in the exact same boat as ourselves, and CIRA do nothing to stop it.

Please make no mistake though: there is only one company called DIYHosting. And that company is not @ diyhosting.ca

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

Originally posted by vito
    Well, you should probably take that up with the .ca site, as diyhosting.com has been around for a while...

Vito
    I wasn't saying which one's fault it is, I was just saying that is is ridiculous that 2 hosts are operating with pretty much identical names.

If the name is trademarked, wouldn't you be able the CIRA to do something about it? Actually, I guess since they're in Canada, an American trademark wouldn't apply to them. I hope that you're able to get it taken care of, at least now I know the difference, and I won't ever buy from diyhosting.ca, as I feel that they should be able to come up with their own name.

I think the best thing here guys is to stick with the question asked....both companies can run the way they are as legally it is fine as long as they are registered in both countries.

Originally posted by si2040
    ....both companies can run the way they are as legally it is fine as long as they are registered in both countries.
    Just because it is legal doesn't mean that it is ethical.

I haven't used either, so I can't recommend one or the other.

DIYhosting.ca's real buisness name is DIY Web Hosting not DIY hosting. So that is where the legality comes into question. Hence why on there logo and copyright stuff all says D.I.Y. Web Hosting.

What does DIY mean? or is it just a name?

If DIYHosting.com has been around longer then DIYHosting.ca, then .ca site should change their company name. Even though they are both based in different countries, it does cause a lot of confusion for users.

AFAIK in both cases it stands for "Do It Yourself"

Originally posted by ldcdc
    AFAIK in both cases it stands for "Do It Yourself"
    Hmmm... what's so "Do It Yourself" about web hosting? I don't see it as a "Do it Yourself" operation.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

haha

Originally posted by jslivko
    Hmmm... what's so "Do It Yourself" about web hosting? I don't see it as a "Do it Yourself" operation.
    I think they mean do it yourself if you have any problems, do it yourself if you dont know what to do...DIY job I guess so it cant be all that good

Originally posted by jslivko
    Actually, that's the exact nature of DIYHosting, as a reseller provider.

Our aim is to provide an environment where the clients can literally run a web hosting business themselves. Hence, Do It Yourself Hosting. It's not a command "Go do it yourself!".

Think: "Bn'Q" for those in the UK and Ireland, and you'll know what I mean.

Even though they are both based in different countries, it does cause a lot of confusion for users.
    Same country, actually

DIYHosting is tri-national; Ireland, Canada and USA.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

I tried them...They r very good...