Scrollbar background color

I'm using Opera and the color is a disgusting shade of blue.. any chance at getting a nice blue like the background?

It's nice for the rest of us using IE

In Opera, go to Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Content and deselect "enable styling of scrollbars".

I recommend against styling the scrollbars, to me they're part of the browser interface not the website. My opinion isn't that the color of the scrollbar is the problem, but how awkward they look when they don't match the browser skin.

I was a bit upset that my Opera 8 upgrade overrode my previous setting of this preference, nontheless it's a nice user preference for any CSS 2.1 browser to offer.

Originally posted by Jako
    It's nice for the rest of us using IE
    Yes, the fact that IE chokes on most CSS 2.1 features is certainly something Microsoft and their devoted users can be proud of. BTW, 'most of the rest of you' are switching to Firefox.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Thanks Eric, that did the trick.. though I still think the scrollbar hover should get lighter not darker.

I've been using FF so long that I had forgotten how nice Opera is, and 8 is a lot better than 7

I feel scroll bars are more a part of the page then the UI...

As for Microsoft and not being compliant with CSS... That option to disable certain features would render the browser you are using non compliant as well... Just some food for thought.

Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Originally posted by Sheps
    I feel scroll bars are more a part of the page then the UI...

As for Microsoft and not being compliant with CSS... That option to disable certain features would render the browser you are using non compliant as well... Just some food for thought.
    Would it? Nowhere does w3c recommend against a client giving the user preference control over anything. A browser which allows the user to disable CSS entirely, is still a CSS compatible browser.

IE is CSS 2 compatible, not CSS 2.1 which allows styled scrollbars. The fact that this issue is invisible to IE users remains a direct result of Microsoft's decision to allow IE6 to stagnate, and is indicative of how far IE has fallen behind the curve.

Think IE7 will really get here this summer?