Talking Learning a new Language?

I already know how to speak 2 languages and though i was raised up with them, it was pretty easy. I know a bit of french but given up myself on that as i never found it an intresting lanaguage. I want to learn either Spanish or Chinese maybe even Italian but not sure. Also which is the easiest to learn?

Does anyone have any experience and how long can it take to learn it roughly? I want to put some effort towards and what tips do you have???
    If you love soccer then check it out here

http://www.talksoccer.net/forum
    http://www.talksoccer.net

If you have some familiarity with French then Spanish or Italian should be easy enough.

You could probably be functional in either language in a few months.

Chinese is not easy to learn. I'm from Taiwan, a native Taiwanese.

if you have decided to learn chinese, please learn it the right and traditional way. don't learn from China, their words are simplified and have absolutely no history behind it.

just my personal opinion.

Originally posted by ootorirei
    Chinese is not easy to learn. I'm from Taiwan, a native Taiwanese.

if you have decided to learn chinese, please learn it the right and traditional way. don't learn from China, their words are simplified and have absolutely no history behind it.

just my personal opinion.
    I agree that you should learn it traditional, but there's no need to put down simpilified. Shrug, it's what they wanted. Japanese is constantly changed and it's what Japanese society wanted.

Chinese isn't easy to learn, but if you get down speaking it, that's pretty amazing itself. Writing is probably the hard part.

Spanish is easiest I think, but it must be used constantly or it won't stick.. but that works with most languages.
    remy

no, every word (writing/ word/ letter? i don't know how to name it correctly) in Chinese has a meaning behind it. either by its graphic or sound or such. every word has a history, a reason to be expressed. if it's simplified, then it simply loses it's history.

Japanese words adapted from Chinese words hundreds of years ago. But they developed their own meanings and literature and it's quite a deep language if you really learn it through. Good thing about Japanese is that they're easy to speak/pronounce.

As has been said before, if you are familiar with French then Spanish would be a good bet. In my opinion itís good to know English and either French or Spanish (or even both) as all three languages are used a lot around the world. All countries (apart from one) in South America speak Spanish, and all countries in Africa speak either English or French (as well as their own native language).

If you donít mind my asking, which two languages do you speak? (I presume one of them is English, which is the other?)

In regards to how long it takes Ö that is totally up to you. If you really want to learn, then it wonít take long (in terms of learning a language), but if youíre not that bothered then you can spend five or more years learning the language and you still wonít be able to speak it properly (let alone write in it!).

Heck I have enough problems with the English language to worry about another one

Don't forget C++ , mysql , php are languages.
    So how many of them do you speak.
    zaax

X86 Assembly
    "The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wonderous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for existence of God; but whether this argument is of real value I have never been able to decide... The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man's intellect." - Charles Darwin

Actually, in my personal opinion,

(which may be biased since I grew up spaeking chinese - mandarin - not simplified, im from taiwan too)

Spanish is a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT easier to write

but SOOOOOOOOOOO Much harder to learn

what, with all the present progressive, past progressive, ALL That stuff

Chinese? it doesn't have tenses, but it's SOOO hard to write
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

I know 3 languages: English, Malay and Chinese.

And, FYI, I don't think we should discriminate against simplified chinese. Check out the jia3 gu3 wen2 back during the Shang Dynasty. Why not learn that instead huh?
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I currently speak English, French, Arabic and Spanish. Arabic is hard, I don't write or read in Arabic shame on me but I don't like it so much either whenever I talk arabic in public, people think we're yelling at each other .
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting