Thread: Ssl

Ssl

The SSL feature has just been enabled by my host, and im wondering how i can use it.. I have the cpanel proxy script running and i would like that to be used on secure connection as i access it through public computers and servers.

I have generated a Private key and a self signed certificate, but when i try to access the https:// i get a error from firefox saying the connection was terminated unexpectidly..

Can some one please help me out?

Thanks
    Woody

Well, you would need to buy an SSL certificate. The cheapest one that I know of is at EV1Servers.net, for $14.95. Without an SSL cert, you wouldn't be able to have a secure connection.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

You will have to contact your host.

In addition to purchasing a certificate you will also require a dedicated IP address for your domain, your host will have to assign you one and move you over to it. They will also need to install the SSL certificate for you.
    Ron Rogers
    Need SSL Certificates? WEBYSSL.com (rapidssl.com International Affiliate)
    Put Your Mark on the WWWorld with WEBY Systems

Originally posted by Trigger
    You will have to contact your host.

In addition to purchasing a certificate you will also require a dedicated IP address for your domain, your host will have to assign you one and move you over to it. They will also need to install the SSL certificate for you.
    Yeah, you will also need a dedicated IP, I accidentally left that part out of my post. Expect to pay a couple of extra dollars per month for a dedicated IP, if your plan doesn't include one.
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Ok thanks.. In whm i have a list of ip addresses for accounts, will putting the domain on one of those without anything else on that ip work?

Thanks again
    Woody

Originally posted by L-A-N
    Ok thanks.. In whm i have a list of ip addresses for accounts, will putting the domain on one of those without anything else on that ip work?

Thanks again
    Woody
    Yes. You need to make sure that the IP Address is not shared by any other domain. Install your certificate and you're on your way!

LH
    If the web closed at midnight, what would YOU do?