Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    actually he would need to contact the helpdesk in order to be unbanned. I think i've located our dear friend after alittle digging...

Administrative Contact:
    harder, David
    716 edgewood drive
    Choctaw, OK 73020-7707
    US
    4057690069 Fax: 4057695465

Satelite shows what looks to be a house:

http://maps.google.com/maps?li=bwp&q...CTAW,+OK+73020

I'm not sure if this is a actual ISP or him faking it.

ps in the future look for members who have been here for a while and have alot of posts.
    Kerry Jones

Kerry,

I am not sure if thats him but Thanks.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    actually he would need to contact the helpdesk in order to be unbanned. I think i've located our dear friend after alittle digging...

Administrative Contact:
    harder, David
    716 edgewood drive
    Choctaw, OK 73020-7707
    US
    4057690069 Fax: 4057695465

Satelite shows what looks to be a house:

http://maps.google.com/maps?li=bwp&q...CTAW,+OK+73020

I'm not sure if this is a actual ISP or him faking it.

ps in the future look for members who have been here for a while and have alot of posts.
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

I agree. You should look only for members with at least 200 posts and have been her longer.

As for the money, maybe next time you don't pay them until they do the job. Half up front, and half when they are finish.

I will make sure to require xx+ posts and will only pay once the job is done.

Thanks to everyone for support!

Originally posted by indiaberry
    I agree. You should look only for members with at least 200 posts and have been her longer.

As for the money, maybe next time you don't pay them until they do the job. Half up front, and half when they are finish.
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

Originally posted by NameSniper
    I will make sure to require xx+ posts and will only pay once the job is done.
    I second indiaberry's suggestion to pay half up front and the other half when the job is done. The person you hire is taking some risk too in that s/he might do the work and then not get paid. Paying half at the beginning and half at the end splits the risk between the two parties.

In addition, I suggest doing a WHT search for posters who respond to your ads in the advertisements forums. Doing this gives you a chance to see what people are like before hiring them, and to see if anyone has complained about them before. It works the other way too -- when I see ads that I want to respond to, I first do a search for the poster to see if s/he is the kind of person I'd want to work with.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Sure thats a good suggestion

Originally posted by writespeak
    I second indiaberry's suggestion to pay half up front and the other half when the job is done. The person you hire is taking some risk too in that s/he might do the work and then not get paid. Paying half at the beginning and half at the end splits the risk between the two parties.

In addition, I suggest doing a WHT search for posters who respond to your ads in the advertisements forums. Doing this gives you a chance to see what people are like before hiring them, and to see if anyone has complained about them before. It works the other way too -- when I see ads that I want to respond to, I first do a search for the poster to see if s/he is the kind of person I'd want to work with.

Lois
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

If he hasn't responded to you by now, just let it go, you'll never see the money again. This is the danger you get into when you do business over the internet, and, especially with individuals from here. While, it's sad, it's historically true that in a place like this, people will congregate simply to scam you. This is why (or one of the reasons why) the statement saying tha tthey have no responsibility over this exists, because they don't.

Tips when doing this kind of stuff in the future:
    -- Always research. Not just posts, but the user themselves.
    -- If it's a LARGE project, half first is not a bad idea. For small, well, all first is going to be required usually, unfortunately.
    -- ALWAYS check things such as testimonials and the like
    -- Post count means nothing. Take a look @ how long the user has actually been registered, and stay away from those who have been registered less than 6 months to a year. This will pretty much ensure you choose someone quality.
    -- Take a look at their previous posts, do they seem familliar with what you're doing here? If so, then maybe they are. If not, then, obviously you need to either reconsider hiring them or test them somehow.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Somehow i cant entirely agree, But the best thing is too look for reviews on them and see if he has done work for other and if they left good or bad comments dont just go for someone who has aload of posts.
    Regards

No he hasnt responded by now and will never do as i see.
    If i have paid by CC i could protest teh payment but unfortunally i have paid by paypal

Originally posted by linux-tech
    If he hasn't responded to you by now, just let it go, you'll never see the money again. This is the danger you get into when you do business over the internet, and, especially with individuals from here. While, it's sad, it's historically true that in a place like this, people will congregate simply to scam you. This is why (or one of the reasons why) the statement saying tha tthey have no responsibility over this exists, because they don't.

Tips when doing this kind of stuff in the future:
    -- Always research. Not just posts, but the user themselves.
    -- If it's a LARGE project, half first is not a bad idea. For small, well, all first is going to be required usually, unfortunately.
    -- ALWAYS check things such as testimonials and the like
    -- Post count means nothing. Take a look @ how long the user has actually been registered, and stay away from those who have been registered less than 6 months to a year. This will pretty much ensure you choose someone quality.
    -- Take a look at their previous posts, do they seem familliar with what you're doing here? If so, then maybe they are. If not, then, obviously you need to either reconsider hiring them or test them somehow.
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

I have looked over the database and its messed up too!
    Now except $ i am in data troubles too
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12