Hybrid View

What is the technology behind this system?

Hi,

I found this:

http://www.10by10.co.uk/57/faq.php

They're running some sort of virtual server software, effectively allowing many dedicated servers to run on one box.

Where can I find more information on this software? Is it built into Linux? What are the pro's / con's of this?

Cheers,
    Dan

They are called VPS servers. There are many different ways to run them, IE UML,vmware,virtuozzo
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

explaining is a bit long but in short if your talking about virtual private servers they are like if you divide the box virtually into 4 partitions , install 4 OS and give each root to a client .
    As the pros of it you can sell 4 customers a dedicated root access and full control for those clients cannot yet afford a whole dedicated server
    Yet,you cant forget they are all using same box and same cpu etc. (even though u do specify restrictions on usage )
    Search for VDS and VPS , you will find many tutorials as well as there is a whole forum section here on WHT for it
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...hp?forumid=103
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

excellent many thanks - I understand the concepts - i guess what i meant to ask, was whether the linux technology is up to scratch these days, i thought it was all pretty new stuff. I'll start reading..

Thanks!
    Dan