Thread: Communication

Communication

I started a game server company a while back and we have grown faster than I anticipated.

Now, I have reached a point where my employees can't handle the amount of servers we are running. I only have 3 employees including me.

I am having a problem with communication inside the company, its difficult for us to stay organized and remember specifics about each customers.

We have a ticket system and that works fine, but we need a way to communicate inside the company other than live chat/forum.

Does anybody know of a program that would organize a database of contacts with detailed information on each one?

I need something.
    brenden AT pacificx [dot] net

====www.pacificx.net====

Do you have a billing system yet? If not maybe a custom solution (but make sure there's plenty of encryption on it).

Sometimes billing systems (depending on which one) allows for "extra information" or an "administrator post" on it that only other administrators can see.

Hope this helps.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

I'm not sure if it meets exactly what you are looking for but I have used the software called "dotProject" before and it has made managing tasks/projects/etc. between multiple people very easy.

I would recommend some basic Customer Relationship Management software. A popular one in the UK is called Sage ACT.

i have heard of Sage ACT before and i think that would work also for you guys

Congratulations! More money = more problems... In a nice way.

You could use just about any CRM software out there. DotProject which was already mentioned is a good one. I second that motion because that's what I use.

In the long run, consider something custom. A quick and dirty CGI with all the fields you want. Those are easy to build.

LH
    If the web closed at midnight, what would YOU do?

eGroupWare is quite nice for knowledge/project management in-house. For customer relationship management, SugarCRM is the way to go. Good open-source software - both of 'em.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Originally posted by gentooRIT
    I'm not sure if it meets exactly what you are looking for but I have used the software called "dotProject" before and it has made managing tasks/projects/etc. between multiple people very easy.
    I am currently using this program and it works very well to manage projects and clients.

And it is also availabel via Fantastico.

Sugar CRM is good, It will be of great help.

Regards

Manu Mayank

Re: Communication

Originally posted by brenden
    I started a game server company a while back and we have grown faster than I anticipated.

Now, I have reached a point where my employees can't handle the amount of servers we are running. I only have 3 employees including me.

I am having a problem with communication inside the company, its difficult for us to stay organized and remember specifics about each customers.

We have a ticket system and that works fine, but we need a way to communicate inside the company other than live chat/forum.

Does anybody know of a program that would organize a database of contacts with detailed information on each one?

I need something.
    You should educate your employee to cope up with time management system. You can observe that during normally 8 hours of service, the employee does not consume total 8 hours in working only, for managing and responding the ticket system or so on for any assigned work.

If your all three employees are multipurpose they can manage and co-ordinate with each others well and can share work easily. Mean while you can communicate with individual while his work can be managed by others when he is online with you for your internal communications.

We have found that our IRC chatroom works very nicely for staff communication - coupled with email to a central address that sends a copy to everyone. The key is to make sure your staff is actually actively working on making sure they communicate effectively with one another.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)