Looking for web host

My group is looking a web hosting service that would include chat, a blog and a calendar. The actual amount of space isn't all that critical. If we can post those plus an extensive home page and a couple of downloadable PDF's and a few largely-text pages, that's pretty much all we need.
    I estimated that we'd probably end up spending about $5 - $7 per month, but we can go a bit higher if need be.
    Suggestions, recommendations?

Are you looking for Windows or Linux?

Amount of transfer? DiskSpace?

Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

To start with you can look at:

Also, search around and you will find out number of good hosts, visit their site and send them your pre-sales questions listing out your requirements.

Wish you all the best!

You might want to find hosts that have Fantastico. You could install a blog and a calendar with Fantastico.

You can easily find good webhosting with that budget in mind. Just look for a host that you can upgrade at any time when you need higher requirements. A host with fantastico will make it easier to install your blog, calendar with just a few clicks.
    Protagonist WebHosting Services
    Blog Hosting solutions:: Cpanel with Rvskin & Fantastico Deluxe
    Providing Reliable Hosting since 2002

I think you can fullfill your needs with a simple *nix hosting account with Fantastico, looking at your budget it wont be hard for you to find a reliable host.
    Do a Search around this board and you will find it quickly.

New York
    Most host you can find here will meet you requirements. Price $5 to $7 will be enough I think so you can go to advertising section and to check the hosting offers.

Best Regards
    Dimitar - Web Hosting Blog | - VPS Hosting Media

Flint, Michigan
    Just a note (being a DirectAdmin fan) installatron will aslo do what you are looking for. Installtorn is just like fantastico, except it works with DirectAdmin control panel as well.
    Mike from
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at

Smile Many thanks!

Many thanks to all. Much appreciated.
    In answer to PTNHosting: Windows as I might be able to swing Linux, but I've got a buddy working with me who took a course in Frontpage.
    Transfer and diskspace, I'm not seeing a whole lot needed. Like I said, I expect the site to hold a blog, a calendar, a set of HTML files and a set of PDF files. I saw a plan that offers 25 MB. We'll need more, but it will take us a while to use that much.
    I've gone to the sites y'all provided links for. Lot of them look good!