Thread: uncertain.

uncertain.

I'm not sure where to post this so I'm going to post this here.
    Anyways, a couple of months ago someone hacked into my namecheap account to gain access to my domain names. I'm pretty sure I know who did this but I have no idea how to get my account back. I emailed namecheap and they want me to log into my old email to proove I'm the owner of this account but the problem is, the person who hacked my namecheap account also hacked my old email so I couldn't regain access to my account.
    I had 5 domains on my namecheap account and would really like to use the domains I paid for.
    I currently have a website which is www.krystal.sad-excuses.net but I would really like to use my domains again!
    Does anybody have any advice to offer? Thanks.

First, talk to the email provider and try to regain access to your account. If that doesn't work, file a police report for what amounts to theft of your property. If neither works then I'm sorry for your losses.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Thanks. I've emailed namecheap before and they weren't of much help. Do you think they could refund my domain names?

How did you make the payments to namecheap?

through paypal

I don't think that there is anyway that Namecheap would refund you, just because your account got hacked. I would suggest working with your email provider to regain access to your account, and once you get that back you can work with Namecheap. If all fails, file a police report.

Paypal wouldn't do a chargeback because they don't cover digitially delivered goods.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Re: uncertain.

Originally posted by thewidow
    ....but the problem is, the person who hacked my namecheap account also hacked my old email
    I strongly suggest to check your computer for trojans and keyloggers,
    to install a good firewall and to monitor your internet traffic.

It sounds very much like you have a personal issue with one of your business partners who you shared access to NameCheap with and who had access to, say, "business" email accounts used.

No registrar would hold itself responsible for unauthorized account access in the event a password is not protected by the user and they will not issue a refund or release ownership of your domains. Why should they? They know they can't be "hacked".

Nevertheless, good luck.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?