Vault Networks is a growing dedicated server and colocation company located in Miami Florida. We strive to provide excellent customer service and the latest tools/services to our customers. Vault Networks currently has a job opening for php programmer. Secondary jobs include minor html/css/java/perl work. We prefer to work with candidates that live in the South Florida area or/are willing to relocate to South Florida.
Please contact Brian via email brian <at> vaultnetworks.com.
Please include the following with your correspondence,
1. Cover Letter and resume.
3. Examples of work. Please list the website(s) you have worked on and the tasks you were responsible for.
4. Salary requirements
I will be in contact with individuals that we are interested in.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the conceptualization, development, and implementation of user interfaces, underlying architecture and tool development.
- Design, code and implementation of the company's internal software system
- Submitting software specifications and maintaining documentation
- Investigating problems that arise in production systems
- All other duties as assigned to them
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2-5 years experience working in a UNIX based software development environment
- Experience with HTML, JavaSctipt, CSS
- Excellent working knowledge of MySQL
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP and Perl programming and fundamentals
- Familiarity with UNIX system administration skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Test products for functionality, usability, and bugs
- Work is generally accomplished without the day-to-day direction of a more senior staff member. Generally solves most problems without assistance.
Experience in any of the following is also helpful:
- Familiarity with SNMP, Authorize.net open API, Ticketing systems, Cisco equipment, Web Hosting Control Panels a BIG +
- Knowledge of the web hosting/dedicated server/ colocation industry
- MS SQL, Named, Nagios knowledge a plus
- Linux programming (bash scripting, tcl, etc..
- CVS or other versioning systems
- Basic Photoshop Skills
- Complete software production experience, from documentation to design concept up through and including launch
- Experience working on e-commerce sites including the development and implementation of sign up, processes, fraud systems, and merchant account integration
- Experience working on dynamic sites utilizing PHP
- Experience using APIs
- Ability to work with creative designers
- Experience with managing ongoing web site maintenance
- Understanding of how to initiate and maintain usability testing cycles
- Strong web and/or software project management skills
- Familiarity with Internet server technologies (Web, Email, FTP, SNMP, etc…)
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while adapting to shifting priorities
- Ability to continually learn new technologies
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in an interactive environment
- Work in integrated engineering / wed development environment