Angry godaddy.com DNS servers are down

I have domains with godaddy.com and their dns servers are down.

some of them are still working but many of my domains and customers are down.

this is second time this year.

Are there stable domain registar out there?

thanks,

you should try namecheap.com , they rarely go down (for me)

Re: godaddy.com DNS servers are down

Originally posted by mikemobile
    I have domains with godaddy.com and their dns servers are down.

some of them are still working but many of my domains and customers are down.

this is second time this year.

Are there stable domain registar out there?

thanks,
    That's a good question. Go Daddy, like every top registrar, makes
    every reasonable effort to keep downtime to a minimum.

However, the big question is how soon they'll able to resolve it.

How long has it been since this happened?

It's back now. So, it was about couple hours.

I tried to call their support but it was all busy.

anyways, thanks again for the alternatives.

Mike

maybe you want to use some of the free dns services as backup
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

That's an interesting idea Bashar.

Which of the low cost registrars (Enom, GoDaddy, DirectI, etc.) allow AXFRs so you can run secondary name servers somewhere else?

Originally posted by tiggee
    That's an interesting idea Bashar.

Which of the low cost registrars (Enom, GoDaddy, DirectI, etc.) allow AXFRs so you can run secondary name servers somewhere else?
    I agree, what ^he says should be done.

no need to AXFR automatically, you can do it manually as i said its "free" that can do the job if you manually update records.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

If you want to use a secondary name service through a company like ultradns.com, secondarydns.com, dnsmadeeasy.com etc... you need to set up your Primary Name Server to allow transfers to their secondary services. Since Godaddy.com is also your dns provider, they would have to allow the transfer. I have little experience with them because of such posts as yours. If they don't allow the txfr, I would just use a seperate dns provider and point your registration info to the new nameservers.

The update should be automatic - you only point your secondarys to the primary.

If you are trying to run multiple primary dns servers and manually updating the zones, it "should work" but you may end up with problems. I believe DNS works best when you have 1 primary and several secondary's that all transfer that info.

HTH,
    Ron