which is better, cPanel or Plesk?

if you have to choose between a host that offers cPanel and another host that offers Plesk, which one would you choose?
    I think cPanel is the most popular one and mostly used, but is it really better (i.e. provides more functionalities) than Plesk?

CPanel all the way, it's easier on the client, has more features, and better for the host since its more customizable.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

I think it's like Windows and Linux. More features, more bugy. Less bugy more difficult.

cPanel is easier and I believe it has more features then Plesk. It's upto the client to choose which they like the most.

Thanks for the replies. Is it true that cPanel is more customizable than Plesk?

Originally posted by imagination
    Thanks for the replies. Is it true that cPanel is more customizable than Plesk?
    sorry wanga, I should've read your reply fully. you did say that cPanel is more customizable.

plesk by far

Originally posted by ddba
    plesk by far
    ddba, why Plesk?

Cpanel by farther.

No doubt it is cpanel, even when we speach about SSH, the /scripts dir really help :p.

Looks like cPanel have more supporters than plesk here

I use Cpanel, someone who bought a domain said...and I quote "Plesk is crap". I'll let you work out it's meaning
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

I'm actully using both at the moment but I'm migrating all the customers on the Plesk server to the Cpanel one. I wouldn't say Plesk is crap but it has nowhere near the features and usability that WHM/Cpanel has.

I'd say that whichever one you like better, use it. They're all about the same in the end.

NOTE: I'm not counting H-Sphere in this as I feel that it's much more than just a control panel, it's true hosting automation and to call it anything but is just an insult.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

affordahost,

"One person's garbage is another man's gold." I'll let you work that one out.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by ddba
    plesk by far
    Have you ever tried Plesk for Windows?

I love cPanel!
    Lookup your IP: snoopmyip.com
    Proxy Guide: proxyspot.com