Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Love" in action and victims of ex-gay brainwashing

Saw this on another forum. I had to post it here. Unbelievably disgusting and cruel in so many ways. I can't believe organizations like this exist... and that there are people so heartless as to support them.
    --Cut out bad language to be pasted on this board---
    This is "Love in Action," an anti-gay camp for teens to find Jesus and change their sinful sinful ways.

And these are the thoughts of a 16 year old boy, who doesn't want to be a part of it, who came out to his parents only to be thrown into the program with the ultimate goal of brainwashing out the gay.

The camp rules are posted, and it's just ----ing sick. It's brainwashing, it's child abuse, it's ----ing INSANE and I wish that it was illegal so these ----ed up misguided ---holes he calls mom and dad could be locked away for attempting to emotionally DESTROY their child.

Just because you wrap it up in bible quotes doesn't mean it isn't intended to harm. The entire goal of this brainwashing scheme is to take away what matters most. No communication with any friends, no keeping a journal, no "false images" that could at all remind you or relate to your previous (read: happy) life, no physical contact with anyone aside from polite professional handshakes.

These cruel sick ----s think that it's ok to take a CHILD, a ----ing child who says NO and break him, mess him up mentally and emotionally until he is weak and powerless, crush his soul and leave an empty sad shell of a person that they can implant their BULL---- anti-gay rhetoric in and send on his way.

They're going to murder him. They're going to kill everything that made him who he was. I hope his parents and everyone brainwashing kids in this sick cult ----ing roast.
    What do you think? As of now, he has over 100 comments on his latest blog posting.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.
      0 Not allowed!

That is just wrong. He is only young!
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com
      0 Not allowed!

Disgusting that something like this even exists...And as Bakie said too young
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog
      0 Not allowed!

While I agree with the premise for it, I disagree with the execution of it.

I think that they go a little too far with everything. We are not supposed to judge, thats God's job. Rather than forcing this on them, it should be voluntary, teach them the Bible, and let them make their own decisions. If they don't want to do it, they don't have to.

I like the way MN Teen Challenge works. It is a similar program like this one, only focuses more on drug and alchohol abuse. I have quite a few friends whose lives have completely turned around after going to Teen Challenge (many of which voluntarily went there to get clean). And we're talking about hardcore crack addicts being clean almost cold-turkey.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by amish_geek
    While I agree with the premise for it, I disagree with the execution of it.

I think that they go a little too far with everything. We are not supposed to judge, thats God's job. Rather than forcing this on them, it should be voluntary, teach them the Bible, and let them make their own decisions. If they don't want to do it, they don't have to.

I like the way MN Teen Challenge works. It is a similar program like this one, only focuses more on drug and alchohol abuse. I have quite a few friends whose lives have completely turned around after going to Teen Challenge (many of which voluntarily went there to get clean). And we're talking about hardcore crack addicts being clean almost cold-turkey.
    I should assume that you feel drug and alchohol abuse is similar to homesexuality then.
    What do you mean by saying - "I agree with the premise for it"

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius
      0 Not allowed!

That is shocking.

I cannot believe that his parents would be so cruel. Whether they agree or disagree with homosexuality is their problem. They shouldn’t force him to go through such pain and suffering.

Some people…
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by effusionx1
    I should assume that you feel drug and alchohol abuse is similar to homesexuality then.

Jord
    A sin is a sin is a sin.

We're all sinners. I sin, I've lied, I've stolen, I've lusted after a woman (committed adultury). I've hated (committed murder in my heart).

Having homosexual tendency or thoughts is a temptation. Acting on those thoughts is a sin. Just like I can be tempted by a beautiful woman, to act on those thoughts, by fantasizing/lusting after her, or actually doing an act outside of marriage, is a sin.

There are differences between being tempted, and actually committing a sin.

So a person who struggles with homosexuality, or faces homosexual temptations, is no different than me struggling with similar temptations towards women at a beach on a hot day. They just need help dealing with those temptations.

For someone who calls themself a homosexual, meaning they actually stepped forward and delved into the temptation, then that is a sin, and the person should repent.

So yes, to answer your question, I would consider a practicing homosexual the same.
      0 Not allowed!

Jord
    I also agree with the premise of it and I do know (from others who have been through it) in some cases homosexuality can be the same as drug and alcohol abuse because it's an outlet for someone that has emotional issues that they need to escape from.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

The stupid thing is, in the bible it says homosexuality is wrong...but then in the next chapter it says disobedient children should be stoned to death!! I don't think there is wrong with homosexuality...but that's just me.

garr, I really hate them now, this picture is a thumbnail size on their site...no link to it, other than if you use the ff right click thing.

http://www.loveinaction.org/media/im...nt%20Cross.jpg

Bandwidth is a non-renewable energy that we need to conserve....
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry, but why are these right wing religious nuts concentrating in wife beaters and killers and things that are actually destructive?

The hypocrisy of these people is pathetic. Preach tolerance as long as you are tolerating what they decide you can tolerate.
      0 Not allowed!

A sin is a sin is a sin.

We're all sinners. I sin, I've lied, I've stolen, I've lusted after a woman (committed adultury). I've hated (committed murder in my heart).

Having homosexual tendency or thoughts is a temptation. Acting on those thoughts is a sin. Just like I can be tempted by a beautiful woman, to act on those thoughts, by fantasizing/lusting after her, or actually doing an act outside of marriage, is a sin.

So a person who struggles with homosexuality, or faces homosexual temptations, is no different than me struggling with similar temptations towards women at a beach on a hot day. They just need help dealing with those temptations.

For someone who calls themself a homosexual, meaning they actually stepped forward and delved into the temptation, then that is a sin, and the person should repent.

So yes, to answer your question, I would consider a practicing homosexual the same.
    So you agree that you should be sent to one of these camps because you've lusted after a woman? Because you've lied? You should go to a special camp for those things? If those things are on par with homosexuality, then we should ALL be at a camp. No need for a special camp.

BTW: How would they be abstinent until marriage if you don't allow them to marry?

btw, about this camp:
    "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea" — Jesus (Matthew 18:6, NASB)
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.
      0 Not allowed!

A sin is a sin is a sin.

Ahh but there is one fundemental flaw in your whole 'A sin is a sin is a sin' argument.

Its only a sin to those that are religeous, you are so you see it as a sin i'm not so to me its nothing a non event if someone is a homosexual then the only person they have to answer to is themselves who on earth am i to say that it is wrong.

So you see your putting your own views on things that do not concern you.
      0 Not allowed!

YAGT... (yet another GAY thread!)

I think the idea is pretty sick.....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by phill2003
    Ahh but there is one fundemental flaw in your whole 'A sin is a sin is a sin' argument.

Its only a sin to those that are religeous, you are so you see it as a sin i'm not so to me its nothing a non event if someone is a homosexual then the only person they have to answer to is themselves who on earth am i to say that it is wrong.

So you see your putting your own views on things that do not concern you.
    I see it as a sin, because the Bible says it is a sin. I believe in the Bible.

You don't have to believe in the Bible, and I'm not going to force you to. I will tell someone about Jesus and the Bible, and I'll pray for them. But if they don't want to have anything to do with it, thats fine, I'll let them be. My concience will be clear when I stand before God at the great white throne on judgement day.

God gave mankind a freewill. People are free to choose God, should they desire to do so. The Bible clearly states what will happen to those that go their own way. And God will let them go their own way, and let them learn from their mistakes on judgement day.
      0 Not allowed!

A sin is a sin is a sin.

Wow - this sort of thinking is exactly I abhor conventional, organized religion - equating someone who is homosexual to someone who is a drug addict, telling us we're all sinners, that we should repent, that temptation is evil - a bunch of hogwash, that's what it is.

People choose to do drugs, just the same way you choose to be religious. People don't choose to be gay. You can't take the gay out of someone.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.
      0 Not allowed!

You don't have to believe in the Bible, and I'm not going to force you to. I will tell someone about Jesus and the Bible, and I'll pray for them. But if they don't want to have anything to do with it, thats fine, I'll let them be. My concience will be clear when I stand before God at the great white throne on judgement day.

God gave mankind a freewill. People are free to choose God, should they desire to do so. The Bible clearly states what will happen to those that go their own way. And God will let them go their own way, and let them learn from their mistakes on judgement day.
    I think I understand your points Amish and I most certainly respect them. However, do you not see it as naive that this company/website has chosen to isloate homosexuals as an example?

If they are also sinners (the website owners), what makes them more capable of providing ' spiritual support' to those that do not neccassrily seek it? What qualifies them to do that?

If we are all the same, why write an article about homesexuals?
    As for you believing in the Bible - I will not challenge that as that is your belief.

From what I understand they say that anyone who submits to temptation has no place in heaven. Does this not mean that no human will be in heaven?

The article loses total respect for me because of one main fact:

They use imperatives throughout

Not once do they open a question for thought or selfr-contemplation, not once do they cross-reference and analyse their own beliefs in the article.

Some examples:

There is no such creation as a "gay"
    modern American culture has bought into a lie!
    They say homosexuality is a wrong mindset.
    Would they consider the reality of placing ones entire belief in a book with such off-handed mannerisms?

Thay say that everyone must repent; how does one repent exactly? By holding ones hands together and looking to the sky asking for forgiveness? I'm not saying thats wrong, i'm just challenging it - just like I question my own beliefs.

I could go on but I will not. I think the general point has been made.

Relgious individuals do not seem to self-question the beliefs they hold. I would ask them to do this more than they question others. I think I question my belief readily and with an open-mind as much as is possible.

Would the world not be better if they stopped judging homosexuals and went about with a greater understanding of the modern world and of modern people.

Would the world not be better if they stopped preaching to homosexuals and went about stopping all the wars they have started.

I think so.

Thanks,

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius
      0 Not allowed!

The stupid thing is, in the bible it says homosexuality is wrong
    I’d just like to clarify that the Bible doesn’t state that homosexuality is wrong. No where does it state that being a homosexual is a sin. It is argued though that in certain parts of the Bible it says homosexual relationships are sinful (You can find both sides to the argument here).

Another problem with his “a sin is a sin is a sin” argument is that a large proportion of denominations don’t class homosexuality as a sin.

But the Bible doesn’t say that homosexuality is a sin. There are many homosexuals who are Catholics, Anglicans, etc. – I myself am an Anglican. In fact the Archbishop of Canterbury said there are no grounds to condemn homosexuality as sinful in the Bible.
    Classing oneself as a homosexual doesn’t mean you’ve had sex with other people of the same sex (which some argue the Bible says is a sin), it simply means you’ve accepted that you don’t have any feelings for people of the opposite sex.
      0 Not allowed!

I think I understand your points Amish and I most certainly respect them. However, do you not see it as naive that this company/website has chosen to isloate homosexuals as an example?

If they are also sinners (the website owners), what makes them more capable of providing ' spiritual support' to those that do not neccassrily seek it? What qualifies them to do that?

If we are all the same, why write an article about homesexuals?
    As for you believing in the Bible - I will not challenge that as that is your belief.
    I'm glad that you have the ability to look at something objectively, and try to see the point of view of someone else. I like to think I have the same ability.

I don't see it as naive, as that would imply cluelessness towards anything else. As I said in my original post, I agree with the premise, not the execution. Now, using this as an example, not necessarily equating it as equal. If one were to look at homosexuality as a problem, or disorder, similar to how say alchoholism is a problem, or disorder, then you look at resolving it through support groups and counseling.

I believe my statement was not put as best as it could have been. It is more about classification and treatment, rather than actually equating homosexuality to a drug addiction. They are not the same, other than the fact that both have temptations, and both have actions, and both can be treated (fixed?) in similar fashions through guidance and counseling.

From what I understand they say that anyone who submits to temptation has no place in heaven. Does this not mean that no human will be in heaven?
    Acutally no, there is nothing wrong with being tempted. But submitting, or acting on that temptation (if the temptation is to sin), is a sin.

Thankfully, God send his Son Jesus to earth, to live as a man, commit no sin, and then die the worst possible death. To be crucified on the cross as the worst of criminals are. Jesus's death absolves us from our sin, but only if we freely accept that gift of salvation.

But accepting Jesus's gift of salvation doesn't make one sinnless, but hopefully it will help you to sin less.

The article loses total respect for me because of one main fact:

They use imperatives throughout

Not once do they open a question for thought or selfr-contemplation, not once do they cross-reference and analyse their own beliefs in the article.

Some examples:

They say homosexuality is a wrong mindset.
    Would they consider the reality of placing ones entire belief in a book with such off-handed mannerisms?

Thay say that everyone must repent; how does one repent exactly? By holding ones hands together and looking to the sky asking for forgiveness? I'm not saying thats wrong, i'm just challenging it - just like I question my own beliefs.

I could go on but I will not. I think the general point has been made.

Relgious individuals do not seem to self-question the beliefs they hold. I would ask them to do this more than they question others. I think I question my belief readily and with an open-mind as much as is possible.

Would the world not be better if they stopped judging homosexuals and went about with a greater understanding of the modern world and of modern people.

Would the world not be better if they stopped preaching to homosexuals and went about stopping all the wars they have started.

I think so.

Thanks,

Jord
    I agree with you, everyone should daily question their beliefs. I think too many people get hung up on the peripheral things.

I firmly believe that the Bible teaches us to love one another. I have a problem with that, as there are some people I know who I have a VERY hard time showing love towards. Yet I still do my best to try to show love towards them.

I also believe that it is not my duty to convert someone, nor force them to change. I will however, share my faith and belief. I will also ask them if they would care to study the Bible, or discuss spiritual things. I love talking to people of other religions, and chat a lot with some of the foreign students here at college to learn about their beliefs. And as they share with me theirs, I share with them mine.

I'll share Jesus with people, but I let people find Jesus's truth themselves, and let them make the choice to follow him.

-----

I know we got off topic here a bit. Perhaps if this thread of discussion is to continue, we should open up a new thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Jay Suds
    People don't choose to be gay. You can't take the gay out of someone.
    Talk about being brainwashed....here we go again. Once again, there is NO scientific proof people are born gay OR straight. The gay community would like you to think so, and they have accomplished in making most people believe the proof has been given, when in reality it hasnt.

There was a "theory" that there "might" be a gene that "might" make someone gay (or straight). The gay community took that little excerpt from the scientific community and presented it to the world as fact. Anyone who believes it has been severely mislead, and tend to be naive enough to believe anything they hear, and pass it on to other naive people as fact.

Typical.....but then, I have done the same on other matters too, so am just as guilty of the naive part.. but THIS is one I know better on...
      0 Not allowed!

I know we got off topic here a bit. Perhaps if this thread of discussion is to continue, we should open up a new thread.
    Yeah sorry I think that was my fault - I had a bit of a rant
    I suppose it was all loosely connected though.

Jord
      0 Not allowed!

Talk about being brainwashed....here we go again. Once again, there is NO scientific proof people are born gay OR straight. The gay community would like you to think so, and they have accomplished in making most people believe the proof has been given, when in reality it hasnt.

There was a "theory" that there "might" be a gene that "might" make someone gay (or straight). The gay community took that little excerpt from the scientific community and presented it to the world as fact. Anyone who believes it has been severely mislead, and tend to be naive enough to believe anything they hear, and pass it on to other naive people as fact.

Typical.....but then, I have done the same on other matters too, so am just as guilty of the naive part.. but THIS is one I know better on...
    How do you know that you haven’t been brainwashed to believe that homosexuality is a choice?
    In a previous topic Sirius talked about how he is gay, and has been ever since he can remember. The exact same goes for myself. You’re not gay, and scientists haven’t found anything on either side of the debate yet – but we know because we are gay.

I don’t want this topic to go off topic, although there is more evidence to prove that homosexuality isn’t a choice.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Anjay
    How do you know that you haven’t been brainwashed to believe that homosexuality is a choice?
    In a previous topic Sirius talked about how he is gay, and has been ever since he can remember. The exact same goes for myself. You’re not gay, and scientists haven’t found anything on either side of the debate yet – but we know because we are gay.

I don’t want this topic to go off topic, although there is more evidence to prove that homosexuality isn’t a choice.
    I'm gay? I thought I just liked shopping... and decorating my home... and my partner of 10+ years... oh yeah, wait, I am gay.

I love the knuckleheads who post, "Being Gay is a choice!". Coming from a presumably straight person, that's great logic. Really.

Someone, anyone, prove to me where I made a choice to be gay? Someone... anyone... hello.... anyone...?

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sirius
    I'm gay? I thought I just liked shopping... and decorating my home... and my partner of 10+ years... oh yeah, wait, I am gay.

I love the knuckleheads who post, "Being Gay is a choice!". Coming from a presumably straight person, that's great logic. Really.

Someone, anyone, prove to me where I made a choice to be gay? Someone... anyone... hello.... anyone...?

Sirius
    I'll tell you, when you decided what kinds of things you liked. I like women, but I was born neither gay or straight. I turned out straight because of things in my life that affected my perception of things around me. For example, I like big dogs, not little ones. Was I born hating little dogs? Was I born to like big dogs? No. Was I born male? Yes, was I born to like women? No.

Everything a person turns out to be is cause and effect. Even whether or not you are smart or dumb by society's perspective. What if a dumb back woods person who hunts for a living grew up in an area with educated people who dont believe in harming animals? Would he be the same person? I doubt it.

It's all cause and effect. Nothing forces you to be gay. Nobody forces me to be straight. Personal life experience tells me it was not how I had to be, that I could choose how I wanted to be. Or I could have used the silly and stupid scapegoat "I was born that way". Life is about choices, you can be who and what you want to be. I have no problem with people being gay, I have a problem with the excuses they think they have to come up with for being the way they are. I know severely handicapped people who dont even use that excuse, and they have a REAL reason to do so..

Quit crying and making excuses, and just live your life the way you want to. Dont worry about what others think, and you dont have to use that untruthful excuse..
      0 Not allowed!

The cause and effect theory is complete crap.
    It's the small minded and insecure who need a nice convenient explanation like that to make them sleep better at night with their own inadequacies.

Why do people who believe homosexuality is a life choice refuse to listen to the facts? Why do they refuse to comprehend that there is no logic in choosing a gay lifestyle when people would know they face persecution?

The only cause and effect is that some people were brought up wrong and don't have the ability to think for themselves and are not able to accept what they can't comprehend.

No different than racism.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    Why do people who believe homosexuality is a life choice refuse to listen to the facts? Why do they refuse to comprehend that there is no logic in choosing a gay lifestyle when people would know they face persecution?
    Why do drug addicts choose to be drug addicts when they would have it worse by the system than a gay person? C'mon, get real... I guess they were "born" that way
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast