Gillette Mach 3 Turbo(the one that vibrates)

Right, I've has one of these for a few weeks now(the green and black one) and Im very pleased with it. But I seem to have a problem and just wanted to see if it was just me.

When shaving my face, i get 0 cuts and a very close shave, but when it comes to my neck, I still dont get cut but the shave is poor. No matter how I shave my neck(mainly under jawline) it does now give a clean shave.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

I use it for my weekly shaving and no cuts and smooth shave.

I hate that shaver...used it once and threw it out.

I just use an electric shaver. It works like a dream. It is one of thise with the 3 spinning disks on them. It hasnt cut me once and it wont even if I try
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

Originally posted by Bakie
    I just use an electric shaver. It works like a dream. It is one of thise with the 3 spinning disks on them. It hasnt cut me once and it wont even if I try
    That's what I have...which reminds me I have to buy new blades for it sometime soon. It's sad that the blades cost almost as much as the whole razor.

Philip, does the blade not flex?
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Re: Gillette Mach 3 Turbo(the one that vibrates)

Originally posted by Philipf

When shaving my face, i get 0 cuts and a very close shave, but when it comes to my neck, I still dont get cut but the shave is poor. No matter how I shave my neck(mainly under jawline) it does now give a clean shave.
    Is there any *marked* improvment in shave over the normal Mach-3 ?

I hope it ain't just marketing!

Re: Gillette Mach 3 Turbo(the one that vibrates)

Originally posted by Philipf
    Right, I've has one of these for a few weeks now(the green and black one) and Im very pleased with it. But I seem to have a problem and just wanted to see if it was just me.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I don't have the same exact razor as you .. but my roommate did. He seemed pleased with it also, but I haven't checked it out yet. I have a Gilette Mach 3 razor also but not the Turbo kind, and I have the same problem as you, not getting a great shave all the time.

I don't understand how you guys can use those electronic shavers. I had one years ago that I got as a gift, irritated my skin like crazy, would never use one again.

I don't have the razor but I have a recommendation. The hair on my neck is hard to get to. You may want to try shaving sideways or a few different directions. Hair on you face and neck grows in a bunch of different directions and may need a different angle of attack.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Yup same problem. The hair under my jaw area is near impossible to completely cut.

The Mach 3 Turbo is a text-book example of marketing at its finest.

Each one comes complete with a Duracell AA battery and instructions to replace with similar.

And guess which company owns Duracell? That's right - The Gillette Company!

Unfortunately I feel the Mach 3 Turbo is a solution in need of a problem.

I use the Mach 3 Turbo, an electric, and the original Mach 3. The electric does not get as close as the other two & I have no problems with the Mach3s.

Then again I could skip a few days of shaving and no one could tell

Correction: I should have said AAA battery. I've just opened mine up to check hehe

I've found that the hair grows in different directions under my jawline so I approach it from every angle. Im able to get it pretty smooth, but not as smooth as I would like. I don't think it's the razor. I've talked to other people and it seems pretty common. The turbo gets me just as smooth as the other razors. I thought the vibration was added more for comfort when shaving as opposed to actually getting closer. In my opinion, it is more comfortable.

I had the Braun Deluxe Syncro System Logic 7680, and have also tried the Braun Syncro Shaver 7505. It didnt even take me 2 minutes of shaving to realize these devices were garbage and were promptly returned. You think your jawline isnt smooth with a straight razor? I dare you to try a fully electric.

It is a very comfortable razor, much nicer than my normal mach 3, which also has a knack of cuttin me.

Nothin has given me a shave closer than that of the mach 3 turbo.

I have the Gillette Sensor. I don't know which razor is best, but cartridge razors these days are generally very good. I'd be skeptical of a vibrating razor adding anything useful. Trying to shave womanly smooth might be overdoing things. The tiny effect will be lost in a few hours. It probably adds irritation to the skin, and can increase the chance of pseudofolliculitis barbi (shaving bumps, ingrown whiskers).
    One thing that can help is giving the beard time to soften. To multitask I will apply the shaving gel and water to my face and then brush my teeth before shaving. This softening of the whiskers not only makes for a closer shave, it can reduce nicks. The thick, rich, creamy lather that is always shown on TV commercials is probably not best for real shaving. A more watery, drippy lather will soften better. The old fashioned shaving brush is a piece of retro equipment that can be practical for applying a wet lather. It does take up more counter space, and you can get by without it by manually adding more water to the lather on your face. Also, good brush shaving soaps are getting harder to find.

I use shaving oil, I like to see what Im doing

The vibrating effect is to make the hairs 'stand' so to speak, and it seems to work.

Just dont put it on the sink while its vibrating, it tries to escape!

The judge ruled that Gillette's claims that its M3Power could raise the stubble on one's face were not true.

http://business.bostonherald.com/bus...rticleid=88734

Just to clarify, the Mach3 Turbo is not the powered version....that is the M3Power as referenced above.

That said, I prefer the Turbo over the base Mach3, it seems to shave more smoothly with less re-work. If you get bored, here are the differences between the base, turbo and power Mach3 Razors:

http://www.gillette.com/products/grooming_men.asp