Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think I have been with them for almost a year now, I have no problems with them and anytime I have asked them a question it is answered promptly.

UPDATE

My email issue is turning into a fiasco. Basically out of several email addresses in my email app, only the ones on Micfo's servers go down constantly (over 10x a day). This is only for a short period of time, but when I say "go down" I mean it is inaccessible...if even for a few seconds. However, it forces me to divert attention to my email client and click through 4 error messages. Then it kicks the 4 accounts into offline mode. Then I have to manually go to the top menu and choose to read each account individually again.

Again, imagine doing this 10x a day.

So now 13 emails later, they want to tell me that because I'm on a MAC and "in the minority" there is nothing else they can do. Never mind that we did a traceroute and it timed out on the way to their servers.

I've got another client on a trial account with Micfo. I know they won't accept this kind of email nonsense.

Amir, are you reading this? Can we work this out?

OK, I can only add that my experience with Micfo has been very good. I have had no problems with uptime (I use a monitoring service to check that) and the servers are fast.
    Bottom line is, I would gladly recommend them to anyone.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Well, If the tracert times out between you and their servers doesn't mean there is a problem on Micfo's end. It could be your ISP or any of the backbones on the way there. Maybe you should contact your ISP and see if there is a problem with your ISP's equipment.

Originally posted by luthier
    UPDATE

My email issue is turning into a fiasco. Basically out of several email addresses in my email app, only the ones on Micfo's servers go down constantly (over 10x a day). This is only for a short period of time, but when I say "go down" I mean it is inaccessible...if even for a few seconds. However, it forces me to divert attention to my email client and click through 4 error messages. Then it kicks the 4 accounts into offline mode. Then I have to manually go to the top menu and choose to read each account individually again.

Again, imagine doing this 10x a day.

So now 13 emails later, they want to tell me that because I'm on a MAC and "in the minority" there is nothing else they can do. Never mind that we did a traceroute and it timed out on the way to their servers.

I've got another client on a trial account with Micfo. I know they won't accept this kind of email nonsense.

Amir, are you reading this? Can we work this out?

Maybe, but wouldn't that affect all my other email accounts too? And the tracert jumps past my ISP just fine. It's when it gets to the 20th hop that it times out.

Also, let me repeat, none of this happened until they switched me to another server. And immediately it started happening.

Some problems in Paris server

Dear Amir, sorry to reach you in this public forum, but it seems that I am not yet allowed to send private messages (I must start posting here, I know...)

I am having some problems on Paris server ( as you are probably aware ) and due to a unsucessfull transfer to another server, I am having problems communicating to your billing dept. and Tech support.

Tickets are MGC-36399 and KHV-70138

I am even OK in not transferring the account to another server and wait, as suggested. But would like to have my previous features back as exposed there...

It is not a complaint, Micfo has always been 100% with me, I just believe some communication problem is happening... If you could help, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks a lot,

Marcelo Bulgueroni / Snatcher

i have used them in the past ... cant really say anything bad about them

Dear All, after some minor communication problems, everything is fine again with my accounts at Micfo.

I would like to congratulate Micfo on their superb tech support, very fast and reliable, always!

Thanks a lot,

Marcelo / Snatcher

Re: Micfo.com, Are they reliable?

Originally posted by shakim
    The reason I stress having hosting that seperates each domain is because I am trying to do alot of SEO (Search Enging Optimization) and having all the domains bunched into one could cause problems.
    If SEO benefit is loosely defined as creating a higher Google PR for a site then n general you will not get any SEO benefit from hosting multiple sites with the same host.

Some of the reasons are:
    1 - It's generally accepted that Google's "hilltop" approach to PR calculation ignores cross-links from URLs in the same Class C (for example 218.234.89.12 and 218.234.89.189 are in the same Class C of 218.234.89.)
    2 - It's suspected that Google also factors in other data such as sites using the same nameservers and sites sharing similar whois registrant data.

If you want to create several sites and cross-link them to enhance PR then you need to:
    1 - make sure the registrant data for each site is different
    2 - make sure each site is hosted on a different Class C IP
    3 - make sure none of the sites share nameservers

The simplest way to do that is to host each site with a different hosting company. Otherwise you will waste a lot of effort creating a bunch of sites with no special PR benefit.

Last point - as I discovered to my cost, server uptime is essential to maintaining position in SE indexes. I had a site hosted on a server that went down for almost a week and both Google and Yahoo eventually decided the site had gone offline. It was dropped from their indexes for exactly 3 months and has still not recovered its former position on Yahoo.

Actually I was not trying to cross link the sites for the benefit of PRs. It was that I just wanted to save some money and put all the small sites (5MB each) that I have under one hosting. But i didn't want to compromise my SEO. If I don't cross link and keep everything for each site in its own folder will this have any negative effect on SEO? And alos put in a robots.txt inside each folder. Am I okay with Search engines and robots?
    "Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens"
    www.shumonhakim.com

"I'm sorry this number is temporarily unavailable, please try again"

Not a very good mesage just now on the 24/7 phone support number...

Did you dial the correct toll-free number? We have had no problems with our toll-free number and been receiving phone calls all day.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Called several times, got the message... working now tho.

Re: micfo downtime

Originally posted by luthier
    I've been with Micfo for 9 months or so and I have mixed feelings.

Pros:
    I like the customer service.
    Control panel is awesome.

Cons:
    Downtime...I've been monitoring it since day one and it has steadily been decreasing. I am now at 99.1% which may sound good, but the site goes down DURING THE DAY just about every day for 20 minutes. That means email too.

When I sent a ticket to micfo about the downtime, they just said, "Well, you're site is up now."

I am actually planning on trying out some other hosts just because of the downtime. My clients won't put up with it.

Hope this helps.
    I think the most important thing from any host is minimal downtime (99.7 and higher uptime) and responsive support! I did tons of homework but the proof is in the pudding. I ran through two bad data centers/hosts before coming up with a winner! (I think I was pretty fortunate only having gone through two baddies, but lost a lot of customers and their trust along the way.)

Steve

Re: Re: micfo downtime

Originally posted by steveconsulting
    I think the most important thing from any host is minimal downtime (99.7 and higher uptime) and responsive support!
    Totally agree with the uptime bit.

A website thats down is almost worse than no website at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12