is namecheap down?

im just a lurker, and i signed up with namecheap and site5 about 30 mins ago, but just when I was about to research how to change nameservers, namecheap doesnt show up! eek! not good for a first impression

btw, can someone please teach this newbie how to add site5's nameserver dns stuff into namecheap? i was a past customer of dreamhost and they all automated the domain registeration and management instead of me doing everything myself.

edit: nevermind, it seems like its back up..

namecheap is up and working for me
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Just checked it out .. Namecheap is up and running for me also.

Incase you two did not notice, he edited the post "edit: nevermind, it seems like its back up.."

btw, can someone please teach this newbie how to add site5's nameserver dns stuff into namecheap?
    You can contact always contact namecheap, or even Site5 for help.

Anyway, once you login in your namecheap account, click on "Your Domains / Products" on the right side of the page.

Choose the domain you want to edit and then you need to click on "Domain name server setup" on the left side of the page.

Also I think you should know that sometimes DNS change may take up to 72 hours.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Originally posted by ldcdc
    You can contact always contact namecheap, or even Site5 for help.

Anyway, once you login in your namecheap account, click on "Your Domains / Products" on the right side of the page.

Choose the domain you want to edit and then you need to click on "Domain name server setup" on the left side of the page.
    hey, thanks a bunch!

your steps were very useful, however, i also found another tab in the right menu called, "nameserver registration" and when i clicked on "find all existing nameservers" i get dns1.mywebpage.com and dns2.mywebpage.com with the ips of the dns server provided to me from site5. this is my first time using another register than my host, so are my settings a-ok?

"nameserver registration" is used when you would like to create your custom nameservers, like ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com

Originally posted by maxo
    "nameserver registration" is used when you would like to create your custom nameservers, like ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com
    so do I need to change it to anything? or just let it be empty?

btw, i still have not received my site5 welcome email. thus, i dont even know my user id or pw and whats the ftp to log on to ... grr, this is so frustrating!! today was my day off work and i wanted to work on my web site..guess, i'll have to hold back until sunday

I do not think you intend to create your own nameservers. You should do what ldcdc explained to you. You should click on "Domain name server setup" and enter Site5 nameservers there, so you can use your hosting.

i have ot long used namescheap and all seems fine to me

Originally posted by maxo
    I do not think you intend to create your own nameservers. You should do what ldcdc explained to you. You should click on "Domain name server setup" and enter Site5 nameservers there, so you can use your hosting.
    thank you, but namecheap wont let me delete it. i tried removing the ip address and it wont save.

They're up... Namecheap are certainly great and have a low price.
    X5 Internet - Cheap, affordable web hosting w/ dedicated solutions!
    24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, cPanel & More

..Everything you want from a hosting company..

ok my welcome letter is here! 8 hrs later..

Originally posted by jay03
    ok my welcome letter is here! 8 hrs later..
    Atleast it's there!
    X5 Internet - Cheap, affordable web hosting w/ dedicated solutions!
    24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, cPanel & More

..Everything you want from a hosting company..

ok, i just want to update:

over the past 2 hrs, I have sent over 10 emails and each one responded very quickly. according to the reps, there may have been something wrong with the email servers or gmail (doubt it). but everything is working now and the speed improvement over dreamhost is VERY noticeable, especially with mambo!

so far so good..will post my 6 month review

will post my 6 month review
    That sounds like an excellent idea jay03 as that's a decent amount of experience to have with host. Good luck with your mambo based site!

And do not forget to lock your domain after tinkling with your dns, Jay03.
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."