Anyone going to be in L.A. for Siggraph?

Just wondering since I know there are some people interested in other industries.

http://www.siggraph.org/s2005/

It's from July 31st to August 4. Lots to do during the convention, tons of goodies to gather from different companies as well as giveaways, keynote addresses (George Lucas will be speaking!), not to mention the parties, free drinks and what not. I can't forget to mention the Animation Festival! When I went to Siggraph 2003 in San Diego, I had a great time, won software, graphics card, ipod, and collected tons of goodies. I will also be going to next years conference in Boston (which I've never been to yet).

So, anyone?

-Christina

I've always wanted to visit something like this, and with Lucas speaking, I may have to make a weekend visit
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

It's a great event! I met people from all over the world. I had a great time talking with the guy from Allegorithmic which I believe at the time consisted of about 4 or 5 guys from France Pixar and EA will also be there..as well as the other usual guests.

Just looked at where it is, it looks like its near where I was stayin last time(Omni Hotel). If so its near the Union Metro Station isn't it?
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

I haven't been to LA since I was 4 years old SO directions from me are not good. It's being held right at the LA Convention Center so it is RIGHT downtown. Hope that somewhat helps?

Here's some random info on how to get to the convention center from the Union Station?

http://www.lacclink.com/general_directions_trains.htm