Web hosting requests?

I see that web hosting request posts are prohibited here, and the /request URL is invalid. That's a shame because I think the best way for me to find a good host would be for me to post a request stating what I require. The hostvoice service isn't really good enough, only giving you 8 responses max. Anyone know somewhere popular I *can* post a request, preferably a message board?

Web Hosting Requests are accepted via this link:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Werll yeah but that's just another thing like hostvoice. It's not a proper forum where you'll get responses to your thread.

Host Quote might not be a forum, nevertheless all requests are submitted to members of this forum.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

There are still many hosting forums that allow you to make requests. Search google and I am sure you will find several
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

There are several hosting directories giving leads to hosting companies so go to those directories
    Jack
    Sales Manager
    Cheap web hosting

Alternately jez9999, you can list your requirements here and ask for recommendations from members with experience of certain hosts that match your needs.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Look for recommendations or warnings about hosts here, watch out for "flames" if they don't give specifics (The "so & so sucks and ripped me off" type stuff with no specifics)
    As far as the directories remember most of them are paid advertising period. That #1 host usually got there by paying the most (or in a lot of cases secretly owning the directory)
    The stuff like HostVoice as you have found is pretty useless I imagine. I know we spent a bunch there with never a single customer. That was back when leads were too general so as a host you paid for lots of "leads" that wanted what you didn't have (the world for $2 a month). They have made that part better by letting the advertiser narrow down the types of leads but the more you narrow it down the more each lead costs (way more).
    We found most of the "leads" didn't really know what they needed, they just checked all the boxes, often without even knowing what those things were.
    Point being you will, as you have found, be very limited by the responses you get from them or HostQuote or other "pay per lead" services and most "directories" are biased.
    Then the forums that do allow you to post requests are usually dominated by "sure we can do all that for $3 a month" type replies.

It's tough for customers, so take your time & follow all the recommendations here. Make a list, then make a shorter list, then check their support, read the TOS and SLA's etc. and try to determine if you are dealing with a host you think you will be happy with for whatever your needs are and not somebody with a $15 reseller account using their parent's phone while claiming they can handle your 10,000 visitors a month or whatever...
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

self promotion should not be done here, so the person would recommand you other hosts, of your request.

Actually it is right not to have self promotion, coz it would lead in fighting between members and it would not look nice.

there are some other forums where self promotion can be done, search in google as said my anny and you could find an host.

If you are not interested in recommendations from members here on WebHostingTalk, HostingDiscussion.com allows hosting requests

http://forums.devshed.com/f101/s

Devshed is another forum that allows hosting requests.

I've been looking for a good hosting company too.... Post it if you find one!