dnclub failure...

Hi guys,

just wanted to get my adventure off my chest, i signed up with dnclub.com for a hosting plan and i also used their service to register two domain names.

Their service was interrupted without warning perhaps half a year ago, and there's a message on their site saying "new improved website coming soon". They don't respond to any email queries.

(To top it off, i'm now receiving emails almost daily with the sender address taken from MY site, saying i have to follow the instructions in the attached file, OR ELSE..... and the attached file has a virus that the scanner caught. Although i don't know if this has anything to do with dnclub.)

When checking if the names are available using another service, the answer was no. So they must have registered the domain names, and now i can't access them. Great.

Anybody has any idea how i can get the domain names back?

thanks and take care,

/M.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately this happens with a lot of hosts nowadays. Possibly you could try giving him a call:

Registrant Contact:
    DNCLUB.COM
    David Jaksch ([email protected])
    +1.8008666476
    Fax: +1.8669927759
    1700 Bundy Drive #16
    Los Angeles, CA 90025
    US

I really hope you can obtain ownership of your domains, however, I wouldn't keep the hopes high.

Out of curiosity, what was the offer you signed up with?
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Check if you are listed as the owner of your domains by using a whois tool like the one at www.whois.sc

If you are, then you might have some chances to get complete control over them.

Yes if you are listed as the owner of the domain, you can contact the top level registrar and go through a process in which they will release the domain to you. It usually involves faxing them information that proves you are the owner of the domain.

Good luck!

Thanks guys,

it appears "Ultradomains" are the owners and the status of the domains are set to registrar-lock and that the websites' status are "active". I've just emailed Ultradomains to see what they have to say.

The offer I signed up with, oh i can't remember the details (!) but it was 15,95 USD a month for a "corporate" plan, so i had plenty of bandwidth, and there were plenty of goodies (i thought). It worked really well for a year or so. I had music on it.

If i find out anything interesting or useful, i'll update the thread. Thanks again,

/m.

I too have a dnclub.com hosting package and have been ultra dissapointed. The control panel is extremely nice but the customer service is not existent. The company I work for is a strictly online company and we can not get through to dnclub.com to increase our bandwidth (which has been topped out already this month). I tried calling the phone number next to the dnclub.com transaction on our credit card statement and it went to a guy named Howard in FL.....no connection. Thanks for the contact info for David Jaksch though! I can't wait to try and give him a call.

Call it coincidence but right after I posted the above message I called the number listed above (after emailing twice previously this week) and within minutes....literally......the site was back up and the bandwith limit released! Go figure. Thanks your help.

Re: dnclub failure...

Originally posted by dacke

(To top it off, i'm now receiving emails almost daily with the sender address taken from MY site, saying i have to follow the instructions in the attached file, OR ELSE..... and the attached file has a virus that the scanner caught. Although i don't know if this has anything to do with dnclub.)
    The virus is replicating itself using your domain as the sender address, this is not the host doing it. These virus are everywhere just now.

More info can be found at the following URL:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...=WORM_MYTOB.DT