hsbc offshore bank acct = US checking account?

Hi all,

May i know is hsbc offshore bank account consider a US checking bank account?

Anyone have experience with HSBC offshore banking system?

- are we able to wire transfer using their internet banking feature?
    - care to share your experience?

Thanks.
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

You can a US currency account from your local UK HSBC bank, they cost 35 per 6 months, I believe you can pay US cheques and wire transfers straight into them.

But beware, HSBC have very polite in branch staff, however when you need to speak to them on the phone, you're routed to the worst call center in India with poorly trained almost robotic employees over VOIP quality lines that sound like the stuff people used for fun in 1995. Ends rant. It's an outsourcing disaster gone wrong, and the UK staff are very embrassed about it.
    MattF - Since the start..

To my knownledge and I've asked them. hsbc offshore bank account IS NOT consider a US checking.

Originally posted by MattF
    you're routed to the worst call center in India with poorly trained almost robotic employees over VOIP quality lines that sound like the stuff people used for fun in 1995
    LoL.

Originally posted by Paulo
    To my knownledge and I've asked them. hsbc offshore bank account IS NOT consider a US checking.
    hm.. thanks.

I'm a non-US citizen, am i left with www.chase.com to open a US checking account? (or Perhap not)

There are other choices besides chase. Look in the forum and you will find some. Valis is also going to be opening new bank accounts (To my knwonledge) beggining next month. But there are other banks that do it.

why would i go with a company that keep changing bank?

i would go with a stable company

Deal direct with the banks then, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bank of America do it without your presance if you autenticate yourself by an U.S. Ambassator in a U.S. Embassy in your country.

Or fly to US and open it personally

You can a US currency account from your local UK HSBC bank, they cost 35 per 6 months, I believe you can pay US cheques and wire transfers straight into them.

But beware, HSBC have very polite in branch staff, however when you need to speak to them on the phone, you're routed to the worst call center in India with poorly trained almost robotic employees over VOIP quality lines that sound like the stuff people used for fun in 1995. Ends rant. It's an outsourcing disaster gone wrong, and the UK staff are very embrassed about it.
    dont say that the staff is simply fantastic and there are no indians on the phone only people with perfect english and the call quality is excellent.

Poor way speaking to you,

We are good at english and i think language is an key just to communicate what we wish to say, donot ever again say that Indians are bad at command over english.

Plz, we people here are supporting you guys over there for an cheap labour.