Wink Review - NTCHosting

Hi all, I am rather new to the forums and the hosting community as far as starting a hosting company is concerned. I am not expecting to be welcomed with open arms, but if you can try and not be disrespectful when it comes to reviewing my site, I would appreciate. This doesn't mean that I can't take critism (art major), but I don't think "this sucks!" does a review justice. Haha. Thanks in advanced

Forums: http://host.newtechcity.net

*Note: I made the design and pretty much everything on the website and forums, hope you like it .

ALSO I AM NOT OPENED YET. SORRY
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

The website looks great! Best of luck John

I think you linked the forums wrong because they point to your website and not your forums.

You are absolutely right, thanks for the information Ali. The forums link is now corrected below. However, it is easy to find it on the website.

http://host.newtechcity.net/forums

It looks very blue to me. If you put some grey/white in the header it should look better.
    Very nice design though.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

Looks OK and professional. Personally, I'm not a big fan of animated banners as it tend to detract. But, that's just my cup of tea. Good luck.

Originally posted by Bakie
    It looks very blue to me. If you put some grey/white in the header it should look better.
    Very nice design though.
    Blue is my favorite color. Thanks for the suggestions, but making a change like that could make the banner a little more distracting than intended.

The only part I would have to have changed is how you have to wait a second for the buttons on the flash header to become clickable/viewable =/ Makes it hard to flip through pages, but that should not cause any real problem. Just one of my little things.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    The only part I would have to have changed is how you have to wait a second for the buttons on the flash header to become clickable/viewable =/ Makes it hard to flip through pages, but that should not cause any real problem. Just one of my little things.
    As is the flaw with some flash banners, but I think it should work out fine, the wait is no more than that...a second. I appreciate everyones help on this matter since this is my first time trying to make a hosting company. Please, continue with the good/bad comments for my hosting design and site. I have made various changes in the past couple of days, let me know if you like or dislike them.

Ok, I have just about finished the actual design and was wondering on some new fresh comments for it, thanks again for those who have already responded and thanks to Ali for some of his work and help with making some changes. Appreciated.

I couldnt believe my eyez when i saw your site for the first time. Bravo!!!

Thanks a bunch for the kind words, I hope everyone else likes it as well. Please keep them coming if you notice anything a little off or if everything is all good to go

That's a very nice website you got. Simple and effective.
    David

You've obviously got skill to create something like that from scratch, however the design has no originality.

The design you have created, along the flash header, and the 3D renderings of computer cases, looks exactly like 90% of every other hosting website out there. Personally, I dislike the style web host templates, and although you claim your's is entirely your own work - it still looks like your average pre-made template.

Originality when it comes to a hosting site is hard to find. I look at them myself and try to find something that distinguish them from the "norm", but that is very hard to find in a design aspect. This is why I decided to go with the template style, something that was easy to create, simple, and yet effective in delivering the message. The point of a hosting website is to grab attention and I feel my design does that. If I wanted to, I could make a designer hosting layout for my website, but what would that accomplish. Another 2 weeks of work for no reason? As long as my website delivers it’s intended purpose in an efficient and effective manner, than I am pleased.

I am sorry my design is of no originality in your mind, but my work is my work and I take great pride in what I create. I can create templates, layouts, whatever. I appreciate your comments, and they are very well stated, but they lack. To say a website is unoriginal now-n-days is always a first to come to a critics mind, but it lacks in actually telling me how to fix my website. I didn't ask for your most welcomed opinion, I asked for help.

Now for you to say, "I think your website is good, but is lacking in its originality to catch some client’s eyes. You should try doing..." would definitely be a better way to help someone. Don't misunderstand this post, I am not attacking you by any means, but to give criticism without any assistance is quite annoying and unwanted. But, thanks for your comments.