help! DIYhosting review etc.

I know that this has been discussed and there has been a lot thrown around about different suppliers. But your collective wisdom would be appreciated!!

We are a small design firm that decided to venture into the reseller market a short while ago. Instead of setting up our clients with 3rd party hosts (as we have done for the last 8 years) when we could do it ourselves (since we were doing most of the leg work anyway) seemed to make sense!

We found one group (that hosed a client of ours) and that has gone as south as it could possibly go! Avoid IMHOSTED.COM. I make it a policy not to bad mouth anyone, but whoa, this is a definite exception!!!

Now for my main question ... I know DIYHosting has been discussed in the past but is there anything recent that you could give me?? From what I can tel they are a good bet! IMHOSTED.COM "looked" good, huge transfer amounts but I guess you can chalk it up to the too good to be true bit.

Anyhow, anything you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Definitely seems like there are more sharks in these waters than previously thought!

DiY Hosting from what I've heard is very good.

There aren't many complaints about them here, and they usually (depending on the time of day and mood of the support agent) go out of their way to help you out.

I always recommend a person send a few emails to the host they are interested in. Test them, ask questions.. Look for the following:

Their response time
    The detail to their emails
    That the reply email matches the question you asked (as long as you asked it clearly to not be misunderstood)

I don't recommend basing your opinion on that only though, because I know quite a few hosts who will do anything they can just to get the sale, then once you are hosted with them past 30 days when their moneyback garuntee is now void, they turn bad..

But, whole-heartedly, if you know what you are doing, and listen and comply with DIY's terms and agreements.. You'll have no problem at all.

Thanks for that. I'll make sure to outline out typical client when requesting a package from them.

Definitely shows that you should do you homework first!!!

DIY hosting is a very well built company, i used to work with ryan (the owner) and he will go out of his way to help you out. I've known him to come home from his mates house just to guide someone through hosting.

He is around almost 24/7 you can contact him through tel. or msn/aim/icq and ofcourse email so i certainly would recommend him!

regards,

euan

I used to host a couple of websites with DIY Hosting and they are definitly a good hosting company. Excellent support!

Is DIYhosting.com and DIYhosting.ca one in the same? Reason i ask is I thought Simon headed the .com not Ryan. Kind of a stupid question, just looking for clarity, make sure we are talking about the same group!

Cheers!

There are two "diyhosting" companies: diyhosting.com and diyhosting.ca. Which one are you talking about BubbaT?

Intech for example refers to diyhosting.ca

Ahh yes i forgot about that, diywebhosting.ca diyhosting.ca etc are all run by Ryan, diyhosting.com is a seperate company.

The one I was initially referring to was the .com version.

Ahh okay, i would personaly suggest diyhosting.ca for your website!

Ok then, DIYhosting.com was the one I replied about then. Never heard of DIYhosting.ca

It is funny, in trying to compile a list of "good" suppliers - I have hardly seen any overlap especially in the negative department. Are things really that bad?!

BubbaT i would suggest you send a ticket into both companies and see who gives you the best reply, and try phoning them!

Yeah, I picked up on the phone bit - IMHOSTED gives you voice mail only and their ticket system makes me shiver every time I see the word. I am as I type on ICQ with them trying to yet again get our email fixed!!!! I hate telling a client things are fixed only to find out the issue persists! I am not holding my breath and am waiting for my Boss to give me the go ahead for transfer - then it's bye bye IMHOSTED! Good riddance!

DIYHosting.ca is not affiliated with DIYHosting, Corp in any way. CIRA being CIRA allows them to keep that domain, despite the obvious.

Regarding DIYHosting reviews: you will find many on this forum, and on google, msn, yahoo, etc.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

don't get me going on CIRA - has to be a government agency or affiliation, talk about a pain in the butt to deal with! Every time I register a .ca I have grief with the process.

Lots of good stuff on DIYhosting.com - probably the ones we'll go with! Ticket response was good with DIY, haven't checked via phone yet!