Laser Surgery - Seeing really well after one week.

Well it's been about a week since I had PRK done on both eyes.

I had gone in on Friday to get my bandage contacts removed. They took the left one out and I could only see about 20/40 at the time out of that eye. They took the right bandage contact out but there was still some healing of the surface skin of the eye and had to put one back in. I was told to come back on Monday which stunk because driving to DC is a real pain in the *&^$.

Saturday night while sleeping, I awoke to tearing and eye pain in my right eye. I got up and put some rewetting drops in and fell back asleep and it didn't seem to hurt anymore. A few hours later I think the "protective" goggles I was wearing to keep me from rubbing my eye slipped down and caught the contact. I'm almost positive it did some tearing because my eyes were all teared up and hurt like crazy all Sunday long. Worse, my vision went from clear in my right eye to blurry for distance and near vision.

To make matters worse, the "pain" thing happened twice again on Sunday night/Early Monday. I think because the contact was dry, my eyes which would naturally dart during REM sleep were moving in one direction while the contact stayed still along with some cells on the surface of my eye. I was so frustrated and, frankly, a bit worried when I went to see the clinic on Monday at Bethesda.

As the rational part of me expected, I had done a bit of damage to the surface skin but the eye was fine. They removed the contact and until about 1200 on Tuesday my eye felt a little strange. BUT, as of today both my eyes are seeing close to 20/20 and I have zero discomfort. The surgery was totally worth it - to see without glasses or contacts is really cool.

My next followup is at a month timeframe. I'll let you guys know how it goes as some have expressed continued interest.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I'm getting lasik done on my eyes next year because I have a case of "lazy eye" where one eye does not see well. Not the kind where one eye is all goofy and crap, it's just that I don't see fully out of it. This needs to be done because even if I do wear glasses, the strain on my right eye from using that as my "dominate" eye could cause the eye to go blind.

Glad everything went okay for you!

Originally posted by cjhostingnet
    I have a case of "lazy eye"...Not the kind where one eye is all goofy and crap, it's just that I don't see fully out of it...
    Not that there's anything wrong with looking goofy and crap...
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Talking

Originally posted by DevilDog
    Not that there's anything wrong with looking goofy and crap...
    I don't think you understand. When I was in 8th grade, I had the tests done, and thats when they found it. I always did good on the eye charts and stuff too, but in 8th grade, I flunked it. Then kids would be like "let me see your eyes" as if they would see something different.

Originally posted by cjhostingnet
    I don't think you understand. When I was in 8th grade, I had the tests done, and thats when they found it. I always did good on the eye charts and stuff too, but in 8th grade, I flunked it. Then kids would be like "let me see your eyes" as if they would see something different.
    Classic
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

I would have been panicking big time. Going blind would be hell.

Simon

I had a surgery about 3 weeks ago on my left eye. Not vision related though. It was something the doctors called "Schalazio".

As the interns and most of the doctors there didn't perform such a surgery, it's was an "open case". They sedated me just locally, so I can give them feedback.

Imagine hearing questions from at least 20 interns/doctors during the operation, which frankly was quite painful.

After sticking 2 needles 1 inch low of my left eye and one 3 inch needle 2 mm short of my eye, I even felt it was scratching my skull. You can imagine the fun I went through.

Operation was over in about 40 minutes, I went home the next day. The advised me not to drive though

Seriously, my advice to anyone is that you don't need an operation, don't do it. Especially if the doctors comfortingly lie about the procedure just to reassure you.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

If it worked that well why did you post this in the web hosting section ?

Just kidding you're in the right forum.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting