Problems setting up a Windows 2000 Server to handle a domain name

I've been given the task here at work of setting up a box running Windows 2000 Server Edition and configuring it to host one of our domains, novaback.net

There were several snags in the initial setup, but after much hair pulling, I've made a good bit of progress.

Presently, I can ping the name server I configured thru Network Solutions ns1.novaback.net and have it lead to the proper machine on my network. Thats all operational.

The next step is to get 'er pinging the actual domain name, novaback.net, which uses ns1.novaback.net as its name server.

I've done what I can here... I went into DNS Configuration on the computer and setup a forward lookup of ns1.novaback.net . I also created that account in IIS.

I cannot seem to figure out how to link it up now, though... How do I get the machine to point everyone attempting to go to novaback.net the content in the directory I specified in IIS?

Things to normally check:

1) Is the IP listen in TCP/IP
    2) Is the IP being referenced in the IIS settings
    3) In the IIS settings do you have it listening for the domain and the www domain alias
    4) In the IIS settings do you have the domain pointing to a directory
    5) Is IIS running and is the specific site you setup running

Somewhat obvious stuff but it should be all that you need to worry about.

(After posting I noticed that I can't resolve the domain name at all, nor can I resolve ns1.novaback.net. Are you sure you have a DNS server running? I'm not familiar with windows DNS server personally, but would be the first place to start)

It does not look like there is an entry for novaback.net in the DNS at ns1.novaback.net

Did you create a host record (A record) for novaback.net to point to the correct IP?
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

Code:
    ping ns1.novaback.net
    The above will return a response from the correct machine (69.221.46.153).

Using the responses from you two (thanks!) I had some clues as to what to search for and found this:
    http://www.iis-resources.com/modules...php?storyid=16

Following that, I:

- Created a zone called ns1.novaback.net
    - Opened the SOA record and set the primary server ns1.novaback.net
    - Opened the NS file and added 69.221.46.153

- I then right clicked novaback.net in the forward lookup zone and selected new host
    - For the name I put `novaback`
    - For the IP address, 69.221.46.153
    - I tried to check to create the PTR record, but it said that it could not be done probably because it was not created as a reverse look up (I have created no reverse look-ups at this point)
    - I then went and created a reverse look up and configured it. For the network ID i used 192.168.0

I'm sure Im doing something wrong, I am not familiar with this stuff. I just don't know what...

Have you created a DNS zone for novaback.net? It still looks like there is no zone for novaback.net in ns1.novaback.net

Your quickest bet is probably to ask your server provider to take a look. It's 2 mins work to fix.
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

The server is 15 feet behind me and is soley my responsibility. I'm sure that it's a breeze for anyone who has done it before. However, I'm needing to figure it out here myself. Ill play with the DNS zone more after i configure out new router. I'm preeeetty sure I had it going yesterday, then our network started acting up.