clientex or modernbill that is the question

cant decide between them, had a demo of autopilot and thought it was ok but a bit confusing and trouble to install.

Clientex looks good and seems to have clean and easy layout to understand. I am a reseller so maybe they are all overkill, i just want something that works and easy to run.

thoughts!

Clientexec is easier for use and ""problemless".
    Modernbill has much more features and probably is the best
    hosting billing software, but their support is very tardy.
    You decide what you need.
    Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

Choose modernbill if you need advanced features.

Choose clientex if you do not need these advanced features

thanks for all the good advice ! much appreciated

Im using Clientexec, and tested modernbill in the past.

Modernbill has more features than clientexec, but i think that clientexec has THE BEST ORDERS FORMS YOU CAN HAVE.
    The orders forms are very configurables..
    http://www.empresasdehosting.com
    THE WEB HOSTING INDEX IN SPANISH
    http://www.empresasdehosting.net
    THE WEB HOSTING DIRECTORY IN SPANISH

Modernbill does allow you to create your own order forms.

yep, but these are not simples like clientexec forms. You have more steps to fill a simple order form
    http://www.empresasdehosting.com
    THE WEB HOSTING INDEX IN SPANISH
    http://www.empresasdehosting.net
    THE WEB HOSTING DIRECTORY IN SPANISH

We have both clientexec and modernbill running, and would say that clientexec will probably fit your needs much better. As many have observed already, clientexec is simple to use and will have most (all?) of the features you want. As a reseller, your best bet would be clientexec, and you could growth with it too. There should be no problem for it to handle a few hundred clients and twenty different hosting plans. We know that by experience.

Modernbill undoubtedly has more features, but all that comes with a steeper learning curve and a higher price tag too.
    .: Signature not required nor available at present time :.

i cant contact them (clientexec) to ask about the ease of installation, i had a nasty time getting modern bill setup.
    What i want ask clientexec if theres a trial so i can see how it installs.

Anyone know if its a breeze or not

Does ClientExec keep running balances or do credits/coupons yet?

When I used it, CE could not do partial payments, overpayments, coupons, or credits. This was an issue for those instances where we needed to issue service credits or when a client made a partial/over payment.

Modernbill is a more complex set-up, but it's got everything and keeps your clients' running account/balance... it's a really nice system once set up. It's a truly professional/enterprise-level system. You won't be upgrading to a new package once you're on Modernbill -- you'll be on the top of the class product.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Originally posted by bithost(NET)
    Modernbill is a more complex set-up, but it's got everything and keeps your clients' running account/balance... it's a really nice system once set up. It's a truly professional/enterprise-level system. You won't be upgrading to a new package once you're on Modernbill -- you'll be on the top of the class product.
    Agreed for the most part, although I find it incredibly frustrating that a product with the features and capabilities of Modernbill still can't get it together in some of the most basic areas, such as the order form and simple text-based client/admin notification emails.

The order form in particular has been, IMO, the achilles heel of modernbill for a very long time, even moreso since moving completely away from the Vortech form to the new order wizard format. The first interaction a potential client ever has with the billing system is via the order form, it should be clean and simple.

We've looked at Rorder as a replacement order form, and while it's got potential, we are of the opinion that's it's not quite ready for prime-time yet.

-B

Re: ClientExec

Hey... eg i start using ClientExec... does it have the feature of paying on the order form? Can i add paypal system to recive payments within the order form like WHM AutoPilot and Modern Bill allow.

Please reply asap.

Thanks.

Since this thread has been brought back to life, I should update my comment on Rorder. Since posting the above, the Rorder people have made a few significant changes. I finally purchased and installed it a few weeks ago, and can now recommend it without hesitation.

-B

Re: Re: ClientExec

Originally posted by itechcreations
    Hey... eg i start using ClientExec... does it have the feature of paying on the order form? Can i add paypal system to recive payments within the order form like WHM AutoPilot and Modern Bill allow.

Please reply asap.

Thanks.
    Clientexec will forward the customer to the paypal website so the new client may pay the invoice after the signup form has been completed.
    Shrapnel Network LLC
    Web Hosting, Voice Servers, Managed Dedicated.
    www.shrapnet.com

I recommend Modernbill

I second Modernbill. Personally speaking no comparisons... MB is way better today
    IndicHosts.net | Hosting Services
    Affordable PHP/MySQL | ASP.NET/SQL | Semi-dedicated web hosting
    Affordable, Reliable solutions. Serving customers since 2003.