Wanted: Disk Space 5-10GB, Bandwidth 75-150GB, Price - less than $11.95-21.95

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a reliable host who can provide:

Disk Space - 5GB
    Bandwidth - 75 GB
    For less than $11.95

or

Disk Space - 10 GB
    Bandwidth - 150 GB
    For less than $21.95

which includes

Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited Email Forwarding
    Unlimited Auto Responders
    Catch All Email
    Unlimited Mailing Lists
    Unlimited Email Aliases
    Spam Assasin
    Unlimited Subdomain
    Unlimited Parked Domains
    cPanel
    Fantastico
    WHM
    Unlimited MySQL
    PhpMyAdmin
    Raw Access Logs
    Bandwidth Meter
    Unlimited 24/7 FTP
    Custom Error Pages
    URL Redirects
    PHP/W Zend

Thx

You won't get that from any places that arn't majorly overselling. Good luck searching, though.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Disk Space - 5GB
    Bandwidth - 75 GB
    For more than $21.95

This ^^^ is a first step you need to take in order to increase your chances of finding a reseller hosting company to stick with for a while.

You're free to do as you please though.

Re: Wanted: Disk Space 5-10GB, Bandwidth 75-150GB, Price - less than $11.95-21.95

Originally posted by DippyCub
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for a reliable host who can provide:

Disk Space - 5GB
    Bandwidth - 75 GB
    For less than $11.95
    You have asked for two options "Reliable" and "less than $11.95" for 5/75GB, IMHO for sure you can get one... but I doubt whether you can get both at same time...

BTW: this is my opinion, and I may be wrong
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

But there is somewhere you can find such host
    with poor support
    I Love WHT

I don’t see why everyone says if they have high bandwidth solutions for a relatively cheap price then they are overselling. We offer high bandwidth; we can do this because we have servers which have several 10Mbps unmetered and also 100Mbps unmetered servers. All of them from Tier 1 provider so it is not cheap bandwidth. And we have had almost no downtime in the last 2 years of having servers with this datacenter.

Originally posted by Intech
    I don’t see why everyone says if they have high bandwidth solutions for a relatively cheap price then they are overselling. We offer high bandwidth; we can do this because we have servers which have several 10Mbps unmetered and also 100Mbps unmetered servers. All of them from Tier 1 provider so it is not cheap bandwidth. And we have had almost no downtime in the last 2 years of having servers with this datacenter.
    And, did we mention your company?

No.

They were refering to "MOST" companies.

But I guess you just wanted to get your signature into a topic asking for help looking for a hosting company, eh?

Some of us get customers by "following the rules of this forum".

ScreamingEaglePC - I dont think you understood my reason for posting that, the whole reason i posted that was beacuse almost every post says that companies offering high bandwidth packages are overselling so i was just wanting to make it clear that not every company does so. If you feel this is advertising then i appologise, that is definatly not what it was ment to be.

the whole reason i posted that was beacuse almost every post says that companies offering high bandwidth packages are overselling so i was just wanting to make it clear that not every company does so
    They're not necessarily overselling their bandwidth, but say that the host has a 100mbps line for the server and actually expects a server to be able to constantly be able to push that much (or even half of that), then I would say the host does oversell something.

ScreamingEaglePC - I dont think you understood my reason for posting that, the whole reason i posted that was beacuse almost every post says that companies offering high bandwidth packages are overselling so i was just wanting to make it clear that not every company does so. If you feel this is advertising then i appologise, that is definatly not what it was ment to be.
    If you're being 100% honest about that, then no problem..

It's hard to tell the exact meaning. Just a very very odd situation that you'd chime in and mention your hosting company, when you could have simply said something to the effect as:

"I don’t see why everyone says if they have high bandwidth solutions for a relatively cheap price then they are overselling. Some Hosts offer high bandwidth; a few hosts can do this because they have servers which have 10Mbps unmetered and also 100Mbps unmetered servers. Some may be from Tier 1 provider so it is not cheap bandwidth. And be able to do it with almost no downtime."

You see how I got the point across, without bringing any company name into it?

It's all about how you word your posts..

I'm not trying to be a butthole, but from now on, my advice would be, if the topic has not mentioned your company, don't be the first to put it in there..

Doesn't mean you can't post your point, just word it like I did above.. Instead of using your name, use the metaphore to it.

That may just save you some bad rap down the line

Just my two cents..

Have a great day

Will do thanks mate, if a mod looks over this post could u edit it to what screamingeagle has said above:

"I don’t see why everyone says if they have high bandwidth solutions for a relatively cheap price then they are overselling. Some Hosts offer high bandwidth; a few hosts can do this because they have servers which have 10Mbps unmetered and also 100Mbps unmetered servers. Some may be from Tier 1 provider so it is not cheap bandwidth. And be able to do it with almost no downtime."
    And i do follow the forum rules but i suppose that could have been avoided.

Will do thanks mate, if a mod looks over this post could u edit it to what screamingeagle has said above:

And i do follow the forum rules but i suppose that could have been avoided.
    I'm sure you do.. I shouldn't have said that, since it was just a misinterpretation.

Did you look at ResellerZoom.com. I think they have such a package and also reliable with great support. Good reviews here on WHT.

Oh my, do I hate to sterotype but:

The user's site is an Anime website. Most if not all owners of Anime websites tend to go for the lowest pricing they possibly can. They use these low-end plans to host their so called 'media' which is illegal downloads of pirated television episodes.

Oh well.

--GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I hate when people saying 10mbps unmitered or 100mbps unmitered.
    Because there is nothing unmitered.
    1 Mbs is approximately 358 gigabytes.

From what I know you can push maximum from 10 mbps is 3580 GB of row data!!! But it is not unmitered.

Take a look at some directories like tophosts, webhostdir etc, and do abit of research when finding your new host.

Best of luck

Are we allowed to post our prices here?? He requested.. but I dont want to post my quote.. without knowing its ok..

Originally posted by ALLiNET
    I hate when people saying 10mbps unmitered or 100mbps unmitered.
    Because there is nothing unmitered.
    1 Mbs is approximately 358 gigabytes.

From what I know you can push maximum from 10 mbps is 3580 GB of row data!!! But it is not unmitered.
    Wow... There is such a thing as UNMETERED... Theres NOT Such a thing as UNLIMITED!!!

Unmetered simply means if you push a 10mbps line full throttle the whole month, Yes, you will only be able to push about 3.5TB But your at 10mbps the whole time...

If you say UNLIMITED... Then your wrong.. There is not INIFINITE amount of bandwidth nor space.. There is a FINITE amount.. Thus being Unlimited isnt correct..

There is a Blog around here somewhere describing the two..

Originally posted by platinumn23
    Are we allowed to post our prices here?? He requested.. but I dont want to post my quote.. without knowing its ok..
    No, self promotion of any kind except in advertising forums is not allowed.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

It would seem that you don't see the difference between being able to push that much data in theory and in practice. Okay, so you have your server hooked up to an unmetered 10 or 100 meg line... do you really think this will be a factor in todays age of everyone having forums, mailing lists, 100's of email accounts, every php/perl script under the sun, multiple stats software, feature package control panels, etc?

What I'm basically saying is that you'll reach your bottleneck in hardware capabilities (even on the latest and greatest hardware) before you even get close to your bandwidth limits when using it for general, all singing+dancing webhosting so it is unwise to base your quotas solely on this.
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    No, self promotion of any kind except in advertising forums is not allowed.
    Thats what i was thinking... but then i saw ALLiNET advertise his prices...

I used to work at a PC store that had a plaque on the wall:

You have 3 service options:
    Fast
    Reliable
    Cheap
    Please pick any 2

This applies to hosting in a way, you can have:

Lotsa stuff (bandwidth/disk space/etc)
    Cheap prices
    Very reliable service

Please pick the 2 you want.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    I used to work at a PC store that had a plaque on the wall:

You have 3 service options:
    Fast
    Reliable
    Cheap
    Please pick any 2

This applies to hosting in a way, you can have:

Cheap prices
    Very reliable service

The crazy thing is.. Thats 100% True..

Of course it is! He's Dixiesys!

but then i saw ALLiNET advertise his prices...
    Please report any post that you feel mods should take a look into.

Cheap prices
    Very reliable service

In theory it's so simple and I agree with it: it can be a good principle to follow.

In reality, things are so relative though... I think I can remember a host that started with what his competitors felt were very low prices, yet, apparently, he not only managed to provide good service, but his business grew to levels he only dreamt of initially.