Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reseller Hosting Review & Recommendation -- HostGator

This is not an ad or a paid endorsement, just a user who is extremely satisfied with my service.

I whole-heartedly recommend HostGator to anyone looking for a reseller hosting account. I personally have one and absolutely love it. I do not sell accounts to other people, instead I am an internet marketer using multiple domains for various projects.

Aside from a great price for what you get, there is 24/7 tech support both email and 800 number. There have been times at 3 in the morning where I've made a bonehead maneuver and sent myself up the creek with no paddle. I emailed tech support and with the hour I had the answer.

Even in the middle of the day I get a very quick response. This level of tech support is EXTREMELY important when your lifeblood is the domains that are being hosted.

Also, when I setup a new domain and point the nameservers to it, I can sometimes start uploading to it within 10 minutes. I'm sure GoDaddy has something to do with that too, but HostGator's quality sure falls into the equation.

Yes, of course, they are easy to use, the reseller interface is intuitive, the domain speeds are very fast, the accounts come with every bell and whistle out there, my domains have never been down, yadda, yadda, yadda. Who can't claim these things these days...

But if you have dealt with multiple hosting companies on a professional level, you know that the deciding factpr comes down to the quality and competence on the people that work there.

I whole heartedly recommend you choose, or seriously consider, HostGator for your reseller hosting. They get 5 stars in my book.

I can't post the link since I haven't made 5 posts to this board, so just Google "HostGator" to find them.

Thank you, have a great day,
    Palyn Peterson
    Future Internet Marketing
      0 Not allowed!

Excellent review - I am sure this will benefit many

However, and I don't mean to take anything away from HostGator, but the quick (~10 minute) domain propogation does not really have anything to do with HostGator and is becoming common at most registrars now from my experience.

Either way - great review and best of luck in the future!
      0 Not allowed!

I am glad you are satisified with what you are receiving now, however still some customers not plead when problems arises

just search "hostgator" in this forum you will see more
      0 Not allowed!

aiolyfe, thank you for taking the time to write this review.

May we know how long you've been with Hostgator?
      0 Not allowed!

Time with hostgator

I've been with HostGator for about a year and a half now.

If people did have complaints about HostGator in the past, that's too bad. Maybe it is under new management now, or maybe they didn't ask for help.

All I can say is that I've done just about everything with a website, from installing ultra-complicated scripts to basic tweaks, and I've always received first class support in a timely manner.

Thanks everyone.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been with HostGator for about a year and a half now.
    Great review - especially when its based on 18 months of experience...

Thanks for taking the time to post this....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems
      0 Not allowed!

Am I the only one who wonders why someone joins WHT and their first post is to praise their Hoster?

Regardless of how long they've been with that Hoster most people would have to wonder "why". If they've been with HG for 18 months what propelled them to suddenly signup at WHT and make a glowing post?

BTW, WHOIS shows they last made a change on June 04. Whether it was to a new Hoster or not is anyone's guess.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, people should join only to complain.

Joking aside, the OP is a new forum member and that will definitely have an effect over the overall credibility of the review. I don't think anyone can dispute that, not even aiolyfe. BTW, thank you aiolyfe for answering my question.

Speaking of questions... Can you share a site that you have with them? (preferably one that's been there these last 18 months)
      0 Not allowed!

Seems like a contrived advert.

Maybe after my thread about the terrible problems I had with Hostgator (just do a Hostgator search) and it will make you think twice.

Lyn
      0 Not allowed!

If someone new just joins and posts a good review, we are suspicious of it.

If someone new just joins and posts a bad review, we are suspicious of it.

What has happened here? Has WHT become a forum full of mistrust and misinformation, rather than being a place with useful and helpful information? Can't we trust each other or anyone anymore?
      0 Not allowed!

I have a HostGator reseller account and I pleased.

I've had my account for about one month and everything is running perfectly.

MrLeN
      0 Not allowed!

Can't we trust each other or anyone anymore?
    Sure we can, but everything must be taken with a grain of salt.

Reviews are generally written by the very happy or the very wretched.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, you just have to take me for example. I can't say enough to let everyone know how evil McHost are and I've devoted many hours online to teaching them a lesson about treating other people like crap.

However, I do the complete opposite with Rochen, because they are the best provider on the face of this earth - period.

I don't make reviews unless I am extremely happy or extremely upset. I've been leasing servers and reseller accounts for many years now and I've tried all the top ones.

Rochen wins hands down

Hostgator is ok, but I've only been with them for a month. So, we'll see.

MrLeN
      0 Not allowed!

Fantastic Review,

Let us know in the coming months how your service with them has been.

Good luck
      0 Not allowed!

My last post

I'm the one who wrote the review.

I just wanted to stop in to tell people that it was not an advertisement, and everythiung with them is still a-ok.

I appreciate people being the devil's advocate, it's great for discussion. But requesting a whole freakin background and the level of cynicism is plain absurd.

I liked "The Lone Gunmen" too, and was bummed when it was cancelled. But lay off your Tivoed recordings of it people, not everything is a conspiracy.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL! I'll be happy to believe you after a DNA sample and a short medical exam.

Please also take this IQ test.

I've been with Hostgator for a month or so and promise to post back when I've got some experience under my belt. Though my plan so far has been to stress test to make sure I will be creating "happy" accounts instead of sad ones and so far everything has been as advertised.

0 Not allowed!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's what this forum is for... To share your personal experiences with others.

A truly inquisitive person will read more than one of the posts and decide for themselves afterwards.

This is not being said in defense of or in slight of HostGator - personally I have friends who host with them and have had no problems worth speaking of - but I do take it lightly when reading exceptionally glowing posts and also when reading exceptionally bad ones.

Tell me I'm not the only one...

LH
    If the web closed at midnight, what would YOU do?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LadyHost
    I do take it lightly when reading exceptionally glowing posts and also when reading exceptionally bad ones.

Tell me I'm not the only one...
    Assuming that you meant to write "not" after "do," I'm with you partway. I landed at the host where I've had sites for a year and a half now because of an exceptionally glowing post (in a newsgroup, not here). Well, that, and then I got another recommendation from a friend, but that exceptionally glowing post turned me in the direction of this host.

What made that post work for me was the details in the post. The poster gave specifics about why he was so impressed with the host, and he provided enough of his background as a webmaster to show that he knew what he was talking about.

Like you, I get a negative reaction to exceptionally glowing posts that look like they're just there to make the host look good. I also react negatively to exceptionally bad reviews when they don't provide enough details about the experiences and look like the poster is just trying to make the host look bad.

There were enough details in the original post in this thread to give it some credibility IMO. It's true that reviews by first-time posters are scrutinized more, and the lack of posting history is part of the equation. But I think the review will be useful for people looking for new hosting, as long as they also do a search for other reviews about the particular host. Which is what people should be doing for any host, of course.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt
      0 Not allowed!

Well I think the original post is bogus and called it as such.

It's makes much more sense (and lends much more creditability) when any poster describes how they found such a great Host. Teach a person how to fish and all that. Lots of people are more interested in "how to" find a good Hoster.

It's a well known fact that people do not sign with WHT and then make their first post a glowing review of their Hoster, without having something else in mind. It's also a known/proven fact that some posters have been enticed by their Hoster to make such a "first post, glowing review" and threads of these type can be found using the Search. And I'm not saying that applies in this case.

There is also the fact that the TS does not have their Web site "futureinternetmarketing . com" (as listed in their WHT Bio) hosted at HG but somewhere else. How come no posting review -- good or bad -- about "THIRDSPHEREHOSTING.COM" which is down in Mexico?

The TS also seemed to miss the request of ldcdc:

"Speaking of questions... Can you share a site that you have with them? (preferably one that's been there these last 18 months)

IMHO, all first time posters making a glowing Hoster post should quarantined - to protect those less knowing.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Website Rob
    >> It's makes much more sense (and lends much more creditability) when any poster describes how they found such a great Host.

OK, but in the review that pointed me in the direction of my host, the person didn't include this info, and the review was legit.

>> It's a well known fact that people do not sign with WHT and then make their first post a glowing review of their Hoster, without having something else in mind.

It's true that the above is often true, but I wouldn't want to dismiss *every* review by a first-time poster just because a lot of first-time post reviews are bogus. Maybe when people find this forum, the first thing that they think of posting about is a review of their host. OTOH, I agree that they could have come here just to post a bogus review.

>> There is also the fact that the TS does not have their Web site "futureinternetmarketing . com" (as listed in their WHT Bio) hosted at HG but somewhere else. How come no posting review -- good or bad -- about "THIRDSPHEREHOSTING.COM" which is down in Mexico?

I missed that point. Then again, the person could have sites with more than one host.

>> The TS also seemed to miss the request of ldcdc:

>> "Speaking of questions... Can you share a site that you have with them? (preferably one that's been there these last 18 months)

That's a key point. If the poster can't name the site hosted by the host, either here or by PM to a mod, then his/her credibility is shot.

We agree that all reviews, good or bad, should be able to stand up to scrutiny.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt
      0 Not allowed!

lovin' it

Everyone has great points.

I found hostgator because in my marketing career I reached the need to be able to setup a website on demand without paying for it seperately or waiting forever for someone else to do it.

Also, I'm often behind a strict firewall and the three other reseller accounts I tried had the control panels blocked. I don't remember those other three, sorry.

And as a marketer with a popular newsletter and people scrutinizing my every marketing move, I simply cannot reveal any of the websites. If I do, people will be able to find out my pen name and find EVERY niche I market too and compete, so it just ain't going to happen.

Go to FutureInternetMarketing.com to see that I am actually a marketer. I'm sure some people will still think it's a big stinkin' load, but I'm not going to take food out of my kid's mouth to please the naysayer.

As far as having a host on thirdsphere, they provide 1 webhosting account with tons of space and bandwidth I use for product delivery and multimedia presentations. Hostgator is for creating all of my little product and feeder sites. Two very different applications.

Thirdsphere is also a fantastic host, BTW.

Palyn
      0 Not allowed!

Let me understand this....your a professional marketer and your review of Hostgator is not an ad.
      0 Not allowed!

Huh?

And if Axl Rose farted, I suppose you'd call that music?
      0 Not allowed!

aiolyfe, would it be possible to send one of your HG hosted domains to a Liaison or Leader via PM and ask him/her to post here and confirm things? That way you'd still keep your anonymity and the ??? regarding your review would be dispelled.

Preferably, not to me though; some people think I'm biased when it comes to HG.

EDIT: A list with the members currently online can be found at the bottom of this page http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php?s= ; the red and the green ones are Leaders and Liaisons.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 06-22-2005 at 06:18 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

The TS should really do something to lend evidence to their creditability, else this thread will continue to do no good for HG. This thread was started on the same day and right after a bad review of HG (as posted by lynette11 and mentioned earlier in this thread) and there is obviously something going on here, besides someone posting a review of a Hoster.

What's interesting is that I've seen at least one WHT thread specifically recommending Potent Products for hosting that was edited by a WHT Mod to remove some positive comments. Why it was done only the Mod can say.

If anyone is going to recommend a Hoster because they've had a good experience with them, it only makes sense they provide the Domain name being hosted. Otherwise, I say delete the whole thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast