Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would cause this?

Kernel: 2.4.21-27.0.1.ELsmp
    Using: Apache, Cpanel, WHM

I was talking with the planet (tickets) about why PHPsuEXEC is not working correctly and they said that it wasn't compiled with apache. So I proceeded to rebuild apache with PHPsuEXEC just as they stated. Before I did so I asked some questions. Wanted to check if it was safe to add some others such as Mcrypt (Version 2.5.7), Imap Module, Curl (Version 7.12.0), Curl SSL Support (Version 2.8.22), Openssl Support. They stated that they couldn't be 100% sure what would work and what wouldn't as they don't know exactly what scripts are on the server and versions of certain software they required. But they did state that all of what I listed usually work with no issues. So I went ahead and recompiled apache with these new settings.

Immediately after no websites were accessible. So I immediately loaded the default configuration of apache to fix this. The problem was still there but worse. This time apache kept failing to load for more then an hour as I waited for a reply from the datacenter even after calling also. Once they got apache back up they updated the ticket with:
    It appears that there is a distinct problem with the "BytesLog" module that you included when you recompiled Apache. You will need to look into this, as I don't believe this is something that normal support can help you with. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Wow that tells me a whole lot. Plus several issues still arise:
    www.hotlinkhosting.com prompts me to download the file unless I remove the www from the url. 2 sites work fine and every other site on the server load the server's default web page (gravity.hotlinkhosting.com) even though there home directories and documents are still intact. Plus the cpanel and whm links on http://gravity.hotlinkhosting.com/ (http://gravity.hotlinkhosting.com/cpanel/ & http://gravity.hotlinkhosting.com/whm/) no longer work. I have to use the direct port and https.

Any help would be appreciated as users here at wht seem to always be more knowledgeable and helpfull then the planet techs.
    Last edited by Nullified; 06-07-2005 at 02:13 PM.
    To assume perfection is merely a display of ignorance.

If you loaded the default configuration of apache you have no host headers for apache to read any longer. You would have reset it to a plain config file.
    I always did like the clouds

not sure what you mean by reset it to a plain config file. delete http.conf and recompile?

btw, i forgot to mention that the sites that do work (hotlinksupport & webhostdebate) are on dedicated ips. hotlinkhosting.com is also on a dedicated ip and not sure why it prompts to download with the www in front.

And in whm is still setup to redirect users to the ssl ports when they add cpanel or whm to the end of their domain. But as i stated that doesn't work.
    Last edited by Nullified; 06-07-2005 at 02:41 PM.

When you select default configuration it returns the http.conf to a state where it no longer has the virualhosts listed in it. Take a look at it to verify.

nope everything is there. i've allready verified that all the virtual hosts are correct. The tech at the planet did comment out all the byteslogs entries though.

What info are you getting in the apache error log?

Downloading right now. It's 77mbs so it'll take a few minutes.

Nullified just cat the file in root shell , That will save alot of time downloading.

It's took just as long to cat it if not longer and it didn't even show more then the last 20 lines of the 10 thousand line document. All that seemed to be at the end was file does not exist errors.

Ah i see , But you could of opened it with nano and pressed CTR + W then CTR +T and enter a line.

But i understand that it probarly is alot easier to open it in notepad or whatever.

I don't even know what nano is. I'm not a guru server administrater. I'm on the phone with TP once again regarding this issue.

Nullified,

Type this at the root shell and paste the output.

tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

ThePlanet's job is not to babysit you... they provide a largely self-managed service, and their job is primarily monitoring.

What you need is a hired server administrator to solve your woes.
    TWSites.com - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003

Also i think that The Planet may not be able to help with issue's like that.

When i had problem's with them before they only handled hardware issue's and not software issue's.

Well the tech spent some time on the phone and he couldn't seem to find out what was wrong. He's reassigning it to a level 2 tech.

I understand that TP isn't here to baby sit me. And of course they're suppose to handle hardware issues. They're a dedicated server datacenter. However if I wanted a provider that didn't offer support I would have gone with a cheaper provider.

http://www.theplanet.com/services/managed.html - Looks like they offer systems support as well.

Well , Nullified I hope it work's out eventually.

If lvl two doesn't fix this within the next hour or two I'll be calling steve at rack911.

Just a quick idea for you :

Is namevirtualhost 123.x
    (For each dedicated ip that those two site's are on with 123.x as your dedicated ip for the site)

And is the following line's under the add modules and load modules part:
    Code:
    LoadModule bytes_log_module   libexec/mod_log_bytes.so
    And:

Code:
    AddModule mod_log_bytes.c
    If they are not there then add the line's and restart httpd.

Also paste the contents of
    Code:
    /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
    Of course if it's not installed in /usr/local/apache then change the path.

I don't think it matters anymore because the BytesLog lines in each virtual host have been commented out. Or does it?

It won't matter , Except no logging will happen E.g domlogs.

What about the namevirtualhost bit ?

yes, the virtual hosts are setup correctly for every site. ip addresses are correct.

I don't need domlogs for each of the domains anyways.

Ah ok.
    I'm not sure then , What does /usr/local/apache/bin/apachetcl config test report then ?

It's 11PM here so i'll go for a nice sleep , Nullified I hope that The Planet Tech's fix it.

[Wed Jun 8 02:54:20 2005] [warn] VirtualHost 70.84.23.187:80 overlaps with VirtualHost 70.84.23.187:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive
    [Wed Jun 8 02:54:20 2005] [warn] VirtualHost 70.84.23.184:80 overlaps with VirtualHost 70.84.23.184:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive
    Syntax OK
    There were tons of these instances and more then I could see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast