Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do not trust hostingplex!

It has currently been 38 and counting days since i asked for a refund of $64.95 covered by there 30 day money back plan. There support on msn was less than helpfull when i really got onto him i was told billing are on there lunch break and will deal with it after, that was about 4 days ago now and all i get is escuses it is obvious they have stolen my money for a service i didn't use.

DO NOT TRUST HOSTINGPLEX. You have been warned.

I have also found that another person on hostingplex forums is in the same situation by them not giving the refund. They have bad business ethics and there support is rubbish.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sure it would be good to look at the whole picture. I see you are a first time poster. You should have come here sooner.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    My First Profitable Web App
    I am David DuVal
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

We do not offer technical support, billing support, or any type of support via MSN.

Some of our representatives may have MSN contacts however there is no official support available there.

We certainly do not steal anyones money, and yes - you are entitled to your refund as long as no AUP/TOS violations have been made during your stint with us on the VPS.

What is the original ticket ID that you have open with us?
      0 Not allowed!

My original ticket id for this is TIZ-53344. This is the guy i was talking about on msn, if you dont give support on msn why give out your address for it?

On msn he does nothing but mock me.
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

We are not related to devshed in any shape or form, (I've never heard of devshed, what is it?).

That said I'll doublecheck with the billing department to ensure a swift refund, I do apologize for any delays you've experienced up until this point.
      0 Not allowed!

This time i don't want more escuses i don't want to be told there on there lunchbreak and 4 days later still nothing.

And you may not say you know devshed but you or another staff from hostingplex posting on there and got me banned and my post deleted.

I will let everyone know how the refund issue goes but 38 days is rediculus. And getting mocked on msn even if its not official support is not good, did i also mention that David here blocked me on msn as i was getting to him, i was unblocked a day or two later though.
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

None of the current representatives of hostingplex have devshed accounts, we certainly had nothing to do with you getting banned there.

They may have had an issue with a one-post wonder taking cracks at a company however (as legitimate as the reasons for the post may be, who knows - they certainly don't).

My blocking of you via msn is another entirely different matter - it is a personal account and some of the antics and language that were being used were getting neither of us anywhere. You were notified of the many other contact forms available to let our billing department know all about what you had thought about them at that time.

I'm awaiting the billing departments response to this current issue - if you would again please let me know if any ticket ID's that you currently have open, closed, etc. requesting the refund it will help expedite this process.
    Last edited by David; 06-07-2005 at 11:29 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Well you have replied to about 2/8 tickets regarding this, no one answers my emails to you and i used bad language because you started mocking me and after 28 days give or take i was pretty annoyed that i was still getting escuses from you and the company.

And the dam live chat always give me unavailable crap.
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

Thank you for updating the previous post with the ticket ID - the billing representatives will contact you shortly.
      0 Not allowed!

Here are all the ticket ID's

OMJ-47207
    NVF-34259
    EAZ-45918
    GTY-77911
    ERO-99345
    QOP-21953
    KXS-72308
    TIZ-53344

Those are my ticket ID's spread out over 38 days, he has replied to one of them telling me as usual billing is working on it...working on what eating cookies?

Ill keep everyone posted on how *badly* they deal with my refund.

Oh and see this;

David J. [This is not official support] says:
    thanks for the thread, we're getting a great name for it!
    Thats what he had to say about this thread.
    Last edited by ELiamD; 06-07-2005 at 11:40 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

As we've stated multiple times before: The billing department is dealing with it, I play no role in the billing department.

I would also like to request that you also keep our private discussions exactly that - private. That includes our msn conversations and tickets, I personally won't sink to the same level and bring out logs of our conversations and it would be nice if you also do the same.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry i have to do this but i beleive it is neccessary to get you guys into gear.

I have been blocked yet again by David and i was nice as i can be, after he gave me the escuse "billing is on there lunch break" i have asked him if there lunch break takes 4 days as thats how long it has been since he told me and mow hes offline as in im blocked.
    Last edited by ELiamD; 06-07-2005 at 11:58 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

Again I won't resort to pulling out the logs that I have available but I have yet to see "nice".

No need to discuss things via MSN (a personal account) if the logs are going to be pasted all over the net, we'll keep things to official channels for the timebeing.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.
      0 Not allowed!

Well according to you as you said to me over msn you dont have any logs of our conversation as you asked me to paste stuff and now you say you have them available....thats funny really.

Your company is terrible 38 days and counting for a refund, blocking over msn twice in that time.

As you can all see its pretty obvious i will not get my refund.
      0 Not allowed!

Why did you cancel your account with them? Did you just signup for the 30 days or were you unhappy with their services and requested a refund?
      0 Not allowed!

I cancelled my account as a VPS really wasn't what a expected/wanted from them and so i asked to cancell my account and for a refund. Legitimate reasons.
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

We certainly have had no issues with the reasons behind the cancellation - as we had stated originally we found it odd that there was no content on the VPS at all so there was a minor investigation into whether it was being used for spam purposes, other than that I'm certainly not trying to make excuses on behalf of the billing department.

I agree - you should have been refunded at least 15 days ago.
      0 Not allowed!

As you can see David isn't a bad guy and i have explained why it wasn't used simply as i decided it wasn't for me. I hate spam as much as the next normal guy.

And yes i *should* have been refunded many days ago. And still no word from billing department about my refund.
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

As previously mentioned I'll ensure that it does get taken care of promptly - and we wish you the best with your next host.
      0 Not allowed!

I have received a partial refund although for some reason they dont refund the $15 verification fee.

I guess that will teach me for gonig with a company that charge for customers that are not in the same country as them and then dont refund the $15!!
      0 Not allowed!

Liam,

You have received a full refund - the $15 verification is nonrefundable.
    Again we wish you the best with your next host.

Take care and thank you for your time with us.
      0 Not allowed!

OMG, get this off the forums. How stupid. This is just a bashing war against HostingPlex. You should be glad they will at least accept you from another country. Some hosts won't even accept customers from other countries. haha
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ELiamD
    I have received a partial refund although for some reason they dont refund the $15 verification fee.

I guess that will teach me for gonig with a company that charge for customers that are not in the same country as them and then dont refund the $15!!
    I would imagine the verification fee is similar to a credit check fee that I had to pay when applying to rent my apartment. The fee $25 in my case is nonrefundable.
      0 Not allowed!

Well don't you sound like a hostingplex customer LBX, and all the companys i have seen accept a lot of other countries.

This was not to bash them only to warn other people, and i have now received my refund.
      0 Not allowed!

I think this thread is doing the opposite of ELiamD's intent.

We've clearly seen the professionalism, respect, and promptness on behalf of David, though we still have not seen both sides of the story clearly, based on the thread thus far I can only assume that ELiamD wasn't refunded for legitimate reasons.

I should also say that one can't judge a company as a whole by an unnoficial method of support. ELiamD you shouldn't be saying anything about you being blocked from someone's buddy list and then blaming it on the company.

Stay Frosty!
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast