AllManaged's SLA

I have several leased servers at AllManaged. Yesterday at 8pm it was determined that a harddrive failed on one of my servers. As of right now the failed harddrive is still on the server untouched while 24 resellers are pounding me for answers - answers I can't get out of AllManaged because they won't answer MY questions.

Their SLA is 2 hours for hardware replacements. So wouldn't a harddrive fall in this category. Even if not, 12 + hours is unacceptable for harddrive replacement ( they haven't even gotten started on it yet! )
      0 Not allowed!

Re: AllManaged's SLA

Originally posted by lety
    I have several leased servers at AllManaged. Yesterday at 8pm it was determined that a harddrive failed on one of my servers. As of right now the failed harddrive is still on the server untouched while 24 resellers are pounding me for answers - answers I can't get out of AllManaged because they won't answer MY questions.

Their SLA is 2 hours for hardware replacements. So wouldn't a harddrive fall in this category. Even if not, 12 + hours is unacceptable for harddrive replacement ( they haven't even gotten started on it yet! )
    If you're asking us to interpet All Managed's SLA, this is probably best directed at them.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

In contractual terms, SLA's are usually loosely written and is just another crappy part of this business.

I have seen ONLY one SLA that reads, "If XYZ happens, we will do XYZ." But unfortunately when that XYZ happened, customers got only a small token (15% refund) of what they rightfully deserved.

Think of an SLA as your server provider hedging their bet that nothing's going to go wrong. They are rolling the dice with your equipment, hardware, and lively hood.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the responses. Things are moving way too slow with these people. I've already contacted my lawyer and he's investigating legal moves now. I've had enough.
      0 Not allowed!

Your lawyer? Yeah... good luck with that one!

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeh well, we'll see now won't we.
      0 Not allowed!

It has been 4 days and the problems still persist.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by magik1412
    looks like you posted in the wrong thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by magik1412
    Have you tried giving them a call w/o removing their *** with a butter knife? Being curtious to your host, even during the rough parts, goes a long way and they'll usually go the many extra miles for you next time around.

Let's use a example. During the angelnetworkz fall out around 10 months ago, managed.com got nailed off the wall with phone calls, legal threats for this and that (even though managed.com had no contract with these users, rather they had one with AN).

Lots of users gave them the hardest time, me and my community? Layed off them. We talked to Sam on the phone - "Sure Sam, whenever this is possible just let us know and we'll do what we can from our side". That night Sam stayed at work late just to make sure our box got processed and turned back on.

Ya, you're going through a ugly spot, but just be fair with them, **** happens that side tracks them somewhat, etc. Just give them a phone call on their emergency number listed on sagonet.com, they'll be around.

~Francisco
    Last edited by DeltaAnime; 06-07-2005 at 10:36 PM.
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony
      0 Not allowed!

AM made amends and we're satisfied with it.

Mods feel free to close this thread (it was hijacked anyways).
      0 Not allowed!

... still curious to know what your attorney was going to do for you?

Sirius
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure why you're so concerned. I'm sure you could direct your energy to something more worthwhile (or maybe not ).

We never had to contact AM legally as they eventually began corresponding with us and keeping in constant contact during the remainder of the ordeal.

As stated before measures were taken by AM that was satisfactory to us. I don't feel I need to elaborate on that - especially to someone such as yourself.

Other than this issue AM has been outstanding. Things happen, they get resolved, we move on. Perhaps you should as well.

I'm done.
      0 Not allowed!

Why would you bring this here even? It was the weekend probably, so skeleton crew would most likely be overloaded with work and most datacenters insist on 2 business day's for setup/repair.. if 2 day's were on the weekend, well it's common sense that it might not get done right away..
      0 Not allowed!