* [Certificated Network]: Free Preregistration for WHT Members.

This is official now !!!
    The latest HostSeeker 's Venture will opening during the summer.

We all worked hard here to provide you a new generation of webhost directory: CERTIFICATED NETwork .

In this VIP directory, we will, each day, manually reviewing all the submited business, we will evaluating them and, accordingly to our quality criterias, we will rewarding them.

An original and unique eCertificate will be generated for each business included in the directory. And, by placing it on your front page, it will bringing another proof of security and quality to your futur customers.

All of our skills and knowledge were involved in this new product.
    HostSeeker is serving the webhosting community since 3 years.
    We want now to reward the best webhosting businesses and provide them a new place where they will be better introduced.

Each business included in the database will be reviewed 12 times per year. To insure our visitors, updated datas.

A normal registration will be $30 per year. A premium will be around $60. Sponsorship plans will be also available.

But today, and until the end of this week, preregistration will be FREE for all WHT members.

Go on CERTIFICATED NETwork front page to review the quality criterias and add "WHT MEMBER" in the title of your submission email.

If you are already a HostSeeker's or an HostNode member, you will receiving soon a personnal invitation with priority priviledges.

Editor job opportunities will be also soon posted on HostNode's Forum.

Stay Tuned!!!
    Last edited by WebDomain.com; 06-07-2005 at 07:15 AM.
    WEBDOMAIN.com: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!
    We host web sites and register domain names since 2000.
    CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE LIVE!

http://forum.hostseeker.com/showthread.php?t=6492
    -- have to have Redundancy DNS and at least 2 servers

I'm wondering what relevency the above two criteria have in relationship to "It is time for the best webhosting businesses to be rewarded."

DNS Redundancy is a high cost factor which IMHO, 98% or more, of Hosters will not have and what does the number of Servers have to do with being a good Hoster?
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Thanks for your Interest Rob.

I was in the idea it was easy to understand the relevancy of these 2 criterias.
    We are trying to point out the best webhosting businesses among the crowd of offers.
    Redundancy DNS is at least a garantee for customers to have their site reachable in case of DNS crash. This is also an adviced setting from DNSreport and we will following this rule.
    As for the 2 servers, it is to avoid all the "small players". We have nothing agaisnt them, agaisnt the students or the kiddies which are trying to get some extra cash for the week end, but they can't be considered, IMHO, as a proof of stable business.

I didn't decide these criterias, but i can only be proud of them.
    We are also opened to all comments and/or suggestions. If peoples believe some important points of selection were forgotten, please contact me, or Susan.

At last, i don't believe 98% of the hosters didn't setted up DNS redundancy, but, if it was the case, it will be more than a relevant condition to reward the 2% remainder.

Thanks for the reply but I'm sure you'll run into problems (i.e. lack of confirmation) with redundant DNS setup. It does not guarantee customers to have their site reachable in case of DNS crash. That is Server Mirroring and totally different.

The cost to Mirror Servers is what makes it unrealistic for most Hosters. After all, what is the purpose of have DNS on another Server (and not just a different Class C as most suggest) if it only works for the Hosting company's Nameserver? (which is all most Hosters will do)

It's a shame you belittle my question on number of Servers. Although we have more than 1 Server, there are many good Hosters that do not. The size of any company does not necessarily relate to stableness but I understand you have to start somewhere in your criteria.

I understand you concern Rob, and i wasn't trying in any way to be arrogant.

As said in my first post, we are trying to built up a VIP directory of webhosters. And, we do not need thousand of thousands references in it. For this, we already own HostSeeker. We are trying to reward the best businesses in the place.

I completly agree with you, and i guess you misunderstood my words, about the small business. I never said that they weren't good or competitive. I just tried to explain that the risk to see these "1serverbusiness" disappearing one day to another were higher than the businesses where thousands dollars were invested each month.
    With CERTIFICATED NETwork, we are trying to provide potential customers another garantee in their choose process. And the higher our criterias will be, the better these clients will feeling.
    It was our job to choose average criterias that let a chance to every deserving businesses to be recorded into our database.
    I sincerly don't believe that "2 servers" is a high criteria, and i personnaly proposed 5 when we were building the rules.

About the redundancy DNS, there is nothing i can do, but i invite you to open a request on HostNode's Forum if you have the feeling that this criteria isn't deserving the selection.

I'm not inclined at this time to signup for the Hostnode Forum but let me just state, in your Web pages or Forum there was reference made that Redundant DNS guarantee's a Client site will be available in case of DNS crash -- presumably with the Primary DNS. That is a false statement and should be corrected.

Again, the term you are using (Redundant DNS) is one thing and the definition you are using (Server Mirroring) is another.

IMHO your complete criteria list will exempt all Hosting companies except the very large ones with lots of money behind them but all the best in your endevour anyway.

I have the feeling we entered into an endless discussion, and i won't argue untill the end of time about this.

With Redundant DNS, we are speaking about Primary DNS on a server and Secondary DNS on another machine. I never used the term "Server Mirroring" which has nothing to with the purpose of this discussion. Of course companies with only 1 server won't be able (and also won't have the use) of such a framework.
    "Don't put all your eyes in the same bag" is the idea of this concept.
    If you are hosting websites on several servers, which is what you said before, i will highly suggest you to configure a "Redundancy DNS" on (at least) 2 of them. I saw on DNSreport that all of your DNS were on the same server. Which is not really a garanty of security for your customers. Even if i saw that you had a very good uptime since 2003. What will happening to your hosted sites if your DNS server crash? They will be ALL unreachable. Even those hosted on other servers. That's why, for us, it is a necessity to ask for "REDUNDANCY DNS" in the terms i defined it now.

Just FYI, Server Mirroring is something completly different and has much to do with backup than with DNS. My suggestion will be to look for informations on Google, or here, at WHT.

We do run several Servers and all are independant of each other. If one goes down only that Server has problems. We also have redundency built-in but we use a different method is all. Maybe not the best solution but all Servers have had 99.8% or better uptime for the last year.

Having done ServerAdmin work for various people and even reading some posts here at WHT and other Forums, I've seen/read about too many problems with the old-school method of Redundant DNS. Server Farming does work but I will admit, one must have many, many Servers to make it economical feasible, which we don't at this time. To each their own though.

Email Sent 6/8/05. Hope to hear back.
    Cheap Resale Warehouse : The Lowest Prices for Godaddy / Wild West Domains reseller accounts allowed on the web http://www.cheapresalewarehouse.com
    [/B]

Thanks for your interrest BCC.
    Since yesterday we received a lot of submission. (Until now, exactly 873.)
    As all of them are manually processed, all the links submitted reviewed and scored, it is taking a few minutes to answer them all.
    As few of them (i guess less than 10%) have a priority status, we have to manage them before all the others. But we are processing all the submission we received in the order they came into the mailbox.

Sorry for this delay, but don't worry, your request will be checked and answered.

Is this a legit thing ? I noticed the site is no longer online www.certificated.net . We also received an email last week saying we've been approved, but nothing else came through!
    Reliability Performance Integrity

Hi Tamouh,
    Yes, this is completly legit.

I personnaly reviewed your website.
    This is just, maybe due to our succes, our server crashed and we needed to move to another place.
    I guess the new DNS were configured today and the site will be again available within the next few hours....

We worked hard here, i should say, i worked hard, because i am actually managing the thousand of request we received.
    I am proud to announce that only 1% of them were eligible.

A new announcement will be done as soon as the site will be online.

Sorry if you were confused by this, as someone said: "We'll be back !!!"

UPDATE: At last, the website will be back online in few hours...
    We thought it was a DNS issue, then a server issue when it was just a problem with the registrar. For an obvious Whois problem, Enom put Certificated.net on "Registrar-Hold", without any notices or emails.
    We opened a trouble ticket and the domain name will be reactivated within few hours.

This ruined a bit all our advertising campaign, and by the same a large part of our credibility.
    Again, accept my apologies for this unforgivable delay, you'll receive a mail within the next few days with all the necessary informations to access your account.

I'm glad it is all working fine now! Wish you luck
    Reliability Performance Integrity