sendmail installation problem

I have just installed Sendmail 8.12.9-5 rpm with Webmin

When I click on Start Sendmail, I get this error:
    Failed to start sendmail :
    Starting sendmail: makemap: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    makemap: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    makemap: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly. Needs to be fixed.
    /usr/sbin/sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [FAILED]

When I click on Sendmail M4 Configuration it gives me following error:

The Sendmail M4 configuration base directory /usr/share/sendmail-cf was not found on your system, or is not the correct directory. Maybe it has not been installed (common for packaged installs of Sendmail), or the module config is incorrect.

Please help

Try installing the following RPM; compat-db-4.2.52-2.i386. It can be found here: http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora...52-2.i386.html

If that doesn't fix your problem then you'll have to find where libdb is on your system and create a link to it in the directory where sendmail expects to find it (/usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, etc). Also rename the link to "libdb-4.0.so".

Very simple fix.

You only installed sendmail but forgot to install the package.

sendmail-cf

do an rpm -qa | grep sendmail

you should have at least these packages.

rpm -qa | grep sendmail

sendmail-devel-XXX
    sendmail-XXXX
    sendmail-conf-XXX

install sendmail-cf

download sendmail-cf-Yourversion

rpm -ivh sendamil-cf-yourversion

you can also install the sendmail-devel while you are at it.

and that will take care of the problem.