Question What will hosting campany do if a client is using too much resorce?

One client's site is using too much resource of the server,
    What will the hosting company do with the reseller and the client?

To suspend just the client's account or
    to delete all the accounts under the reseller's ?

This is what happening to me.
    I may have been the unlucky reseller of a hosting company.
    I need your advice and help
    I Love WHT

Sober you need to wait more than five minutes for our support to get a chance to respond.

It's our policy to notify a customer prior to suspension which we did. Usually we give you 12-24 hours to act unless the source site is causing extreme problems on the server which was happening in your case. Having a load of 25 on a server slows it down somewhat and this is negativley impacting on other clients service as was explained to you in an email.

Originally posted by coight
    Sober you need to wait more than five minutes for our support to get a chance to respond.

It's our policy to notify a customer prior to suspension which we did. Usually we give you 12-24 hours to act unless the source site is causing extreme problems on the server which was happening in your case. Having a load of 25 on a server slows it down somewhat and this is negativley impacting on other clients service as was explained to you in an email.

I do feel sorry for the inconvinience that my client may have caused.
    But you can imagine how I feel when tens of clients throw
    their claims and I can't even login to check what is going on.

I hope that if you find some site is too big for the server,
    you can suspend the indivisual site but not my reseller account.

I will suspend the site. And please tell me more about your
    dedicated plan, thank you

Again, really sorry for the trouble.
    I appoligize sincerely.

Sober
    I Love WHT

i believe only the problem account should be suspended though.

Originally posted by Aurelian
    i believe only the problem account should be suspended though.
    Yes, I don't see anyone saying otherwise.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

I believe the better solution you can do is, move the problem account to another server and give the customer warning, so the customer can have time to decide to upgrade or find the problem.

Simply suspend an account is not so professional in my opinion

It is professional if the rest of the customers on a shared server are being negitivly impacted (and at a server load 25 I would think they were!!!).

Originally posted by JonaY
    It is professional if the rest of the customers on a shared server are being negitivly impacted (and at a server load 25 I would think they were!!!).
    Precisely.. One bad account, effecting the 10-200 other accounts on that server, with a load of 25, is way beyond being called unprofessional for suspending that site..

ANY host, and I mean ANY would have done the exact same thing.

If they didn't, then they were just putting the rest of their customers in jeopardy.

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC

If they didn't, then they were just putting the rest of their customers in jeopardy.
    It's common sense. Whatever is for the best of all of the people, not just an individual.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Be professional, not mean you should not suspend that problem account, I mean you can do it a better way, for example, what site5.com is doing

http://www.site5.com/superhosting/rapidreflex.php

I believe many customers would love to pay a little extra if you have this kind of service, and no customer crash your server intentionally

Absolutely true. No one can tolerate a domain that is putting so much load on the server that is affecting other valuable clients.

1. If the problem is properly identified and it indicates the domain, suspend it imediately.

2. Contact the Reseller or the responsible person informing the issue with as much information as possible.

3. If it was unintensional from client's end, then help him to troubleshoot and/or help him to wind up his account/s.

4. If and only if Terminate the account and bid adeu.
    AssuredHost.Com
    Secured Shared and Reseller Web hosting Solutions
    We Host Your Trust