What should i do now? (web hosting problem)

i purchased a domain name and hosting thru a company, But i wrote a wrong phone number on the profile, The company thought my account is fraud, then delete my domain from the server, also all my files are deleted, I have more than 120MB (4000+ ) files on the site.
    They deleted my files and domain today, But they never inform me. How could i do? who is right now?
    I need your help.
    thanks
    Jackie

How long were you with them before this happened?

And what is your hosting company's response to this? Have you initiated any discussion with them to ascertain the facts from their side?
    Attracted to Linux, dedicated servers with CentOS 7 and Virtualmin Pro, and Archlinux as a personal OS preference.

yes, i have talked to them, The support department said the domain and all files are deleted, The bill department just get back to me with a simply email, they said it is because the wrong number, they do not give me a way to slove it.
    What should i do now?
    thanks
    jackie

Originally posted by OKI-Paul
    How long were you with them before this happened?
    about 1 month

The only point where your data is completely lost, according to a network security class, is when it's physically destroyed. Otherwise, there's no reason why it cannot be recovered, even after writing zeros into every sector of a hard drive sixteen times.

Originally posted by printerboyweb
    The only point where your data is completely lost, according to a network security class, is when it's physically destroyed. Otherwise, there's no reason why it cannot be recovered, even after writing zeros into every sector of a hard drive sixteen times.
    And even when a hard drive is melted, burnt, slammed against concrete, etc there are companies that can recover data from it.

What hosting company was this?

i am sorry, but i can not give out the name now, If they can not get my problem fixed , i will give out the name to this forum.

Could anyone told me whether the hosting company had done something wrong with me?

SOrry
    Jackie

I would not blame them, we do not even activate accounts with false information. You should have provided them with all valid information to begin with. Nothing you can do now but next time remember to provide all valid information.

If they deleted your website, it is unlikely that they will go through the trouble to recover your data.

WN-Ali, yeah, but they should have checked that before -- not after the fact.
    Last edited by LBX; 06-06-2005 at 11:29 PM.

Originally posted by LBX
    WN-Ali, yeah, but they should have checked that before -- not after the face.
    I agree that they did not take the precautions to confirm the order before activating it. Both sides made mistakes, not just the host.

"after the face" geez - I need to check posts more carefully before posting lol

you can have your domains pulled from you by ICANN if you have a wrong or bogus phone number in your contact info I thin kthere was a post here a while ago about someone lost there domain due to they forogt there country code or somthing..

Sorry, this just sounds like "not the whole story" here.
    (1) Customer buys a site & domain and uses wrong phone number.
    (2) Host creates account (card must have gone through) and all is well for a month.
    (3) Somehow the host figures out the phone number is entered wrong in 1 place and instead of e-mailing or something to see why the phone doesn't match just deletes everything (not suspends, completely deletes)
    Those are the "facts" as presented so far.
    Sorry it doesn't make sense but leaves a lot more to be answered.

Was this a "try it free for 30 days" deal and they just now got around to running your card? Has it been successfully billed in the past? If it is in fact your card, wouldn't all other information (AVS #, address, etc. match?)

You don't have a backup of a 120 MB site on YOUR computer?

Something about all this just doesn't seem like the "whole story". There must be more involved than entering a phone number wrong (and you did not explain where...what do you mean by "profile?")
    In one place with no other problems.

I can't help but wonder what else there is about the card, the site, possible TOS problems or something...

To Dave: he didn't mention his domain ownership being pulled but mainly his site files deleted. Even if a domain was "pulled" (new one on me for a typo in the phone but even so) the files should still be on the server while all was being straightened out unless there was more to this...
    Last edited by DDT; 06-06-2005 at 11:50 PM.

i am still communicate with the company, i will see what will happen in the next day.
    thanks for all the input.
    Jackie

I agree with DDT. Something fishy here. Definately not the whole story.
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Yeah, I agree with DDT, too. Sounds quite suspecious and ridiculous. Why would they delete TOTALLY EVERYthing just because of an invalid phone number???

Good luck!