Thread: Colo

Colo

Not Interested In T1, T3, or any similar services I can get those at my house thanks.

???? You're saying you're not interested in any T1's or T3's or any similiar product, then what are you asking for???
    James Lumby

wrong section

I posted in the wrong section. But why would I colocate to just get a T1, Doesnt make any sense when you can get 3Mbps commit on a 100Mbps cat5 for less then a t1 costs.

In most colo's, you don't buy T-1's. You might buy the bandwidth of a T-1, but you actually just buy an ethernet handoff...
    James Lumby

yeah I know either ethernet or fiber, This guy from XO offered me a T1 for 450 Monthly, Imagine what I could get for 450 from a tier1 provider. Atleast 3-4 Mbps on a 100Mbps Burstable port. LOL If I wanted to run it out of my house I would go for a T1.

You would probably get roughly 3mbps from a tier1 provider, with taht small 3mbps commit.

Now that I think about it, probably barely that, since you want it burstable.

LOL. Actually, I had heard that XO was fairly cheap.. Never looked at having them brought in because I've heard of too many problems with them..
    James Lumby

Your DC

Wheres your data center located?

Mine? Dallas, Tx in the InfoMart.
    James Lumby

haha, I...

I had asked for a 100Mbps burstable port. the only answer I got was 1.54Mbps on a 100Mbps Ethernet from the T1 Head End LOL

Nice......
    James Lumby

Texas is a good place for Colo space. But I need Seattle

Ahhh, why is that??? I prefer Texas personally, although Seattle is nice.
    James Lumby

They need to put a true DC up here in Washington. All they have that I know of is Fisher Plaza, and the westin building, There is some other corny ones around that try to sell you 512K for 400 a month. Thats one I know of in Tacoma. and thats off a T3 HAHA

Unfortunately, I can't speak intelligently of that area in reguards to this business, but I would have to assume it is because they have to backhaul their connections somewhere and their fiber loop fees are ridiculous.. My guess at least..
    James Lumby

My understanding is its not as easy as it used to be to get laying rights. So you are prolly 110% correct on that one.

Hai well.. Not much you can do in that case, the cost has to get passed down to the customer..
    James Lumby

You've got a ton of options in the Seattle area.

If you don't like anyone at the Westing building, or Internap at Fisher Plaza, then check out Intergate, or Seattle Gateway.

Seattle Gateway is home to Level3 and others. Intergate has several providers as well, including Above, IIRC.