Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    from what i am seeing they seem to be able to stop the ddos (sites are loading fine now) However their helpdesk / all my php scripts are giving error messages so i guess its a server side problem now.

btw its 1:30 pst and i see THENETWAY's status is ONLINE!!! lets see if he is here to give us an update

Unfortunately, the DDOS attack has not ended although sites are now loading. This is a very very very challenging DDOS attack it seems, and appears we are being directly targeted. We are still seeing signs of a DDOS, however websites are loading. We cannot say if sites will remain online or go slow later on, as it's unpredictable, however we have a good number of people working with us to put a end to this.

thenetway, any recent updates??

hostnetway main site seems to be stable now.

only the support/order pages are down.(LPanel license problem??)

but our sites are down still? You switched your main site to a new server?

This is really bad, why would some body will do such DDOS attack and what benefit they would be getting this by doing so!

I have full sympathy with hostnetway, and wish them all the best to come out of this ugly situation.

Why do spammers spam and make us pay for it? It's unfortunately a dog-eat-dog world out there and we get the raw end of the stick sometimes. :-(

Roj

Ok, here's the latest.

We could not bare the current datacenter we were in. We have migrated to GNAX. All future servers will be setup on this network as well. The DDOS attack is over, as far as we know, as we are no longer on the attacking server, and once the billing manager propagates to the name servers, HostNetway will be releasing an official letter explaining the changes made. Although people do think that software's and hardware WILL BLOCK DoS attacks, they don't unfortunately, it can only help prevent it. These softwares and hardware are very very good to have in any case however, as you are likely to get attacked even more.

We thank all of our patient and loyal customers, and as well those who showed understanding in our situation.

Thanks again,

Ken

that's good news to hear.

Let's hope tomorrow everything to be stable and online.

I'll be waiting the message from you with all the new dns changes.

DNS E-mail has been sent to all customers.

Thank you

i did a traccert to my domain and hostnetway.com, why does it say mustang.redcheckhosting.com?

ICNick:

Honestly, this seems to be a question nobody else can answer other than HostNetway (even by a PM or something). I don't think it's necessary to post the question here. Seeing as you did though, I speculate that they've changed IPs or servers which still have old RDNS entries on them.

Roj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12