Would you advertise with a marketing agency if they guaranteed results?

So I have a fairly large budget and I got in touch with a marketing agency I knew for some time and they proposed me a campaign for my budget ..

the thing is I will be spending a lot of money .. valuable money .. but they guarantee results and they are a reputable company

should I go for it?

The campaign they initially made for me is a 3,000,000 user mailing from their portals and then they would put my banners on their sites..

do you guys think it is worth spending that amount of money or I should simply try to do Google Adwords or advertising in some sites from members here on WHT...

feedback would be appareciated

thanks

Well you have to reference your business plan to see if you should do it.

One thing I would like to say, if you are talking about a 3,000,000 mass e-mail campaign, good luck with that. I know that many people would not think highly of your company after that.

the emails are not only about my company...

Its like they own several portals that send periodical newsletters to its members with like information and advertisement

Its not spam in any ways

Ask for contact information of their previous customers, and their current success rate.

How exactly are they guaranteeing it? How about they take a percentage instead? If they really believe in there mail outs that much then they should jump at a 50% split deal.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

they are pretty big .. I am not worried about being scammed in any way

We are signing a contract..

They guarantee I will get my investment with them back in sales.

I am a bit worried because as a start up entrepreneur I never did such big investment...

If I believe in it should I go for it?

No marketing is guaranteed. Even a proven method can fail for certain companies. Good luck with your campaign, let us know how it goes.
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

thanks yes I will start my campaign

Do they guaranteed sign up?

If you're going to invest an amount that will put your company at financial risk if you get ZERO sales, then it's a high risk move.

Are you feeling lucky?

I do wish you the best of luck! Let us know the result.
    Lookup your IP: snoopmyip.com
    Proxy Guide: proxyspot.com

Re: Would you advertise with a marketing agency if they guaranteed results?

Originally posted by joephill
    So I have a fairly large budget and I got in touch with a marketing agency I knew for some time and they proposed me a campaign for my budget ..

the thing is I will be spending a lot of money .. valuable money .. but they guarantee results and they are a reputable company

should I go for it?

The campaign they initially made for me is a 3,000,000 user mailing from their portals and then they would put my banners on their sites..

do you guys think it is worth spending that amount of money or I should simply try to do Google Adwords or advertising in some sites from members here on WHT...

thanks
    What is the ROI so far after your ad campaign?
    What is the percentage of growth you observe on sales volume?
    Do you have calculated risk, before spending a lot of money?

I think that it can be assessed thereafter only whether it is worth or not.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 06-07-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Re: Would you advertise with a marketing agency if they guaranteed results?

Originally posted by joephill

should I go for it?

thanks
    What's the other side of the gurantee... Full refund? Partial? To quote Tommy Boy: I can drop a load in a box and mark it guranteed. But all you get is a box of guranteed S***.

And 3,000,000 mails sent on your behalf. You better hope it's legit. Or else be warned and enjoy the spamhappiness headed back your way.

The main thing is, no one can GUARANTEE POSITIVE RESULTS of any adv campaign.

if anyone can, than he would be the richest person on this earth, very soon!

Hope you got, what i tried to say.

Good Luck!

Agreed, it is imposible to guarantee positive results. Nobody can do this.
    Whoever wants everything has nothing

I am really interested to see the results. Joe, please keep us update.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

they guarantee signups its written in the contract:

"CPM Campaign. {MARKETING COMPANY} to mail to 3,500,000 of its users over a period of 15-45 days until {my hosting company} is satisfied with campaign. If, after 3,500,000 mail drops, {my hosting company} is not satisfied, {MARKETING COMPANY} will exhaust its database, continuing to promote {my hosting company}, free of charge."

I mean its not a lot of money being invested.. nothing that would compromise my company but if it doesnt work out it would surelly leave a small hole in my bank account..

Should I go for it?

I mean they have a good portofolio and have worked with people that are 100x the size of my small hosting company but I strongly beleieve this can work out I have a good intuition..

on the other hand I can spend this money in adwords and buying banner in sites but I dont believe I would have the same results that is my main doubts..

Should I go for the marketing company or should I try to market on my own.

I dont have a lot of experience...

This clause -

{MARKETING COMPANY} will exhaust its database, continuing to promote {my hosting company}, free of charge.

Doesn't sound too good to me. If they are not able to provide you the results with your initial campaign then there are two possibilities -

1. Either they will get too enthusiastic to provide you the desired results by making it a do or die situation for themselves.

or

2. They will lose their motivation and keep dragging the thing in sub-par way.

No one can tell you what way they will go.

I am not saying that assured guarantees are bad. In fact, even our agency offers assured guarantees but we give realistic guarantees after we have assessed the whole situation and the standing of the company.

Advertising is not just about plastering ads in every possible media or sending out mailing to zillions of people (legitimate mailing list, of course). Advertising is about creating a whole atmosphere where you are able to temp the other person to buy your product. It is everything you do - Your site, your checkout process, your reputation on the internet (forums and sites) and your support handling.

I have a question for you - Did that Agency actually take a look at how your site works, what is its reputation and how you handle your support and sales?

Again did you approach them to work on a percentage split instead?
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting