Angry Downloadind Daily Log Files

Does anyone know how to automatically download the daily raw log files from Cpanel?

In the past we would just download the archive at the end of the month. However the new host we just switched to has the daily log files flushed or recycled so the resulting log for the month is junk. Something I wish they would have told me before we switched to them.

Thanks
    Richie Schut

Re: Downloadind Daily Log Files

Originally posted by TheDuck
    Does anyone know how to automatically download the daily raw log files from Cpanel?

In the past we would just download the archive at the end of the month. However the new host we just switched to has the daily log files flushed or recycled so the resulting log for the month is junk. Something I wish they would have told me before we switched to them.

Thanks
    Richie Schut
    If you look in your FTP manager it should show you the login for apache logs... or they should be available through, I believe, 'Raw Logs' in the cPanel interface.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

The FTP listed in the manager all open empty folders. If there was a log file there it would be easy.

The only way I know how to get the daily log file is through Cpanel as you metioned. However I need to download the log files daily for a ever growing number of accounts.

Thanks for the help.

Richie Schut

If your host allows you to use 'wget' you could do a cronjob to download them to your account.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs