Question PHP Programming Pay?

I'm sorry if this is not in the correct forum.

I was wondering what kind of pay would you expect for creating a non-object oriented PHP script, which would require approximately one hours work.

$50 or so if it's done well.

I believe that legitimate PHP coders can earn anywhere from $50 to $125 per hour, depending on their experience and level of work needed.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

$50-100 is a good estimate, also depends on your php knowledge. I would personally not pay a beginner $50 for an hours work, while an advanced/professional coder who knows what they're doing and gets on with it would probably achieve alot more in the hour.

$50....

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by The Bear
    I believe that legitimate PHP coders can earn anywhere from $50 to $125 per hour, depending on their experience and level of work needed.
    Show me where PHP coders can earn anything close to $125 an hour and I'll show you a happy man.

Sadly PHP coders are well at bottom of the pay ladder. I think $50 per hour is very good for PHP work.

Ryan

How longs a piece of string ?

Here in UK its about £40-£50

i just did about 10 hours of php work for $250. took me about two days after my real job. And i threw in a 3 month service plan if anything goes wrong / "its exactly what i asked for but not what i wanted" stuff comes up.

^^ That's a good philosophy because at least you're more likely to get return business.

It depends a lot on the experience, time frame, and amount of time required. $50 for a one-hour contract is quite reasonable.
    Game Servers are the next hot market!
    Slim margins, heavy support, fickle customers, and moronic suppliers!
    Start your own today!

$50 seem about right

Originally posted by Viperal1
    $50 seem about right
    sry forgot I had this account here, atleast someone didn't take my name :-)

I get these people telling me they'll pay me $5 for a script that will take 5+ hours to complete. That's less than $1/hour for my 4 years php experience.

I just blow them off and tell them I have more important projects to take care of.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

It really depends on the person doing the work, and how good they are. If it is only something that takes an hour or less, I'd charge around $20, but that's just me.

The answer to your question is in direct relationship to the developer's location. The world is big, and the payment range will vary significantly.
    Content Management Systems and websites to achieve your business goals

So how much would you pay a Zend Certified Engineer per hour then?!

It depends on so many factors. For me, because I'm a nice guy (and hence I'll never be wealthy ) it would be around $18USD, but then i live in New Zealand which means I get by on less. For somebody living in the states, you wouldn't get less than $40 I expect, but for somebody living in India or within the former soviet block you wouldn't get MORE than $18.

Completely depends on the circumstances, the programmer, the amount you get done in that hour, etc etc etc.