storm stroke my file lolz

Has it ever happened to you when you were working on something on your PC and thunderstorm strike? I was writing some PHP script, and while trying to save my file, the storm stroke at the same instance. My pc went off. When i started up my pc and viewed the file - nothing was in there except square boxes - lucky me, i have a backup online

Next time, I better buy life insurance for my file j/k

Nope. However, once I accidently flicked my power bar with my toe, back and forth, and my printer blew up.
    Cody Watson
    Business Student @ SFU [Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management & Technology, Co-op Certificate, Honours]

I've had my graphics card smoked by a surge -- that could have been prevented with a surge protector; I was too lazy to buy one -- but I don't recall ever losing any data.

I have, however, knocked the power strip with any one of my limbs, by dropping things on it, and by my dog stepping on it. That made me rather angry, as each time it seemed I was working on something more important than the previous time. One time, on Office 2000, without the crash recovery tools, I had been working on a history report, due the next day. I had to completely rewrite the whole thing, remembering as much as I could. That was a huge bummer. Now, I remember to save anything I'm working on every few minutes.

UPS people UPS, you can buy a cheap one for under $100 that will give you at least 5 minutes of time to save everything and properly shut down.. Unless you have a backup generator at your house, where 5 minutes is plenty to support it until the generator starts and stabilizes!
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

That or start using laptops. My lappy is set up as a workstation, however, battery backup kicks in immediately in the event of a power loss.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Originally posted by cwatson
    Nope. However, once I accidently flicked my power bar with my toe, back and forth, and my printer blew up.
    "LOL"

When I was playing dialbo 2. He pushed the power button on the computer, I noticed it, and he had to hold the button down till I saved, because if he backed off, the computer would have turned off.

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    "LOL"

When I was playing dialbo 2. He pushed the power button on the computer, I noticed it, and he had to hold the button down till I saved, because if he backed off, the computer would have turned off.
    Who's "He" ?
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

A ghost.

My brother.

Originally posted by Trifolic
    UPS people UPS, you can buy a cheap one for under $100 that will give you at least 5 minutes of time to save everything and properly shut down.. Unless you have a backup generator at your house, where 5 minutes is plenty to support it until the generator starts and stabilizes!
    Lol i have one ups for my file server, and it will shut it down within 60secs if the power goes out, so thats good, but my router resets, because its retarted... Its hooked to the ups, but when the power changes over to backup the router freezes and dont allow connections I did loose some stuff a couple times, because storms, and guess what its storming now, i better go lol...bad dangerous storm lol with lightening rain thunder all dat good sh*t...lol