Thoughts and Prayers would be appreciated

Well, My mom came home just now and asked me to print out an article from Greencastle, Indiana's local newspaper's website.

My uncle Deputy Johnson, a Sheriff K9 in Greencastle, engaged a persuit with a vehicle that was involved in an armed-robbery. After chasing, and being shot at by the suspect, aparently there was a stand-off.

My uncle, when exchanging fire with the suspect, had a round make contact into the suspect. The suspect was later airlifted to the hospital, and I believe my mom said the suspect later died.

My uncle is taking it very, very hard, as he has never ever had to use lethal force, and hoped to never have to.

I know it's a weird situation, but prayers for my uncle in hopes that he can come to terms with it would be appreciated.

It's a sad day in any officers life when they come to terms that they took a human life. My uncle is just that kinda sentimental guy.

Prayers, if the suspect is still alive, are appreciated also, because I'd like to see him be put in prison.

Source: http://www.bannergraphic.com/copy/news/story7417.htm

Good luck to your uncle and the rest of your family in dealing with the taking of a human life. It is very disturbing and a tough thing to deal with, but your uncle was most likely 100% right in his decision, and I hope he realizes that at some point.

I'll be praying for your uncle and the family of the suspect.

I can't imagine what I would be going through if I had to take one's life, it must be hard.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Taking human life is never easy even when it is justified. Consider him prayed for. God is very tender in His mercies.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I think the suspect's family (and maybe the suspect) deserve more praying than your father... But both do deserver our prayers...

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Well, just for an update..

The suspect did survive after all, conflicting reports of his death were proven false..

But he is in severe condition..

And Azizny, try having a shotgun pointed and fired at your head, nearly missing, and see how much prayer you'd want for you.

Originally posted by azizny
    I think the suspect's family (and maybe the suspect) deserve more praying than your father... But both do deserver our prayers...

Peace,
    I wouldn't say the suspect deserves more prayer, however, he may need more.

BTW, tell your uncle thanks for putting his life on the line to keep our streets clean. God Bless the

Thumbs up

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    And Azizny, try having a shotgun pointed and fired at your head, nearly missing, and see how much prayer you'd want for you.
    That implies that God does love him, and those who God loves, he protects and cures..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Its a tough thing, but the men and women who take a vow to protect us, must uphold that vow. i've no doubt, ScreamingEaglePC, that your uncle will be just fine. He has chosen this line of work, so he will find a way to deal with it. In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with him and your family.

Its so sad when a person relies on crime to make a living. my thoughts and prayers are with the suspect also. i hope he survives and turns his life around.
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

My best to all involved!

God Bless all Involved!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!