Lightbulb Looking for gigabit uplink

Hello!

Once in a while I have live event to stream, and 100 Mbit connection is not enough. According to iptraf I push the maximum, 9-10 Mbytes/sec.

Is there any way to have gigabit uplink? To feel free to push let say 200-300 Mbit/sec traffic. That would be great to have it in ThePlanet, I have some servers there, but will consider another offers/suggestions.

Thank you.

How much actual bandwidth do you need though on a monthly type basis? Yes, you need bursting to 300Megabits, for how long and how often and the times after that what are you pushing?

If you're intent on using ThePlanet, I would contact TailorMadeServers, or LayeredTech, as I believe both have COLO space in ThePlanet DCs.

LT colo's at ThePlanet, but only for old clients. All new clients are at Savvis. Take a look at orangefiber.com, they have a Gig-E connetion available.

I think I read in LT forums that all LT boxes at TP are being migrated to Savvis.

Are you sure that's 10Mbytes, not 10Mbits?
    My Iptraf when I do General Interface Stats shows it in Bits/sec
    Andrew Thomas

Perhaps take a GE port capped at 200mbit from someone, probably be far cheaper, either that or take a second FE uplink to a machine and load balance your traffic.

I really don't think you have the need for a full GE at the moment, and you're probably just going to waste money.

Thanks you all for answering.

Jinx_4th, Not for long, 2-4 hours 2-4 times per month.

thomas7, you can configure iptraf the way you want, kbits/sec or KBytes/sec.

RazorBlue - Dan, well, I wouldn't like to be capped at 200 mbit (300 or 400). A this moment I will push up to 200, but I'd like to be capable to push and 600 and 700 if I have to.

datruesurfer, I saw few messages about orangefiber.com, I'll check them out. I'll definetely try if they do have some period money back.

I need metered traffic, I am not looking for unmetered gigabit connection, right now I have Current In:35.4 kb/s Current Out:73.6 kb/s, and like RazorBlue - Dan said, unmetered GE would be waste of money.