Thread: AIM Mail?

AIM Mail?

I got an e-mail from AOL about this new service called "AIM Mail". My guess is that AOL is simply trying to get in on the Gmail craze that is starting to die down.

Here's a copy of the e-mail I got:

AIM Mail lets you...

# Clone yourself, in a good way

You only have to log in once to access both your AIM Mail and your IM.

# Hoard for sentimental reasons

Your AIM Mail has 2GBs of storage. Save anything and everything that matters.

# Exude that confident glow

We've got you covered with industry-leading spam and anti-virus protection.

# Be spontaneous

If an email sender is available on IM, you can reply with either IM or AIM Mail.

# Preserve important relationships

Have second thoughts about that email you just sent to an AOL or AIM address? Then unsend it - unless it's been opened, in which case you're on your own.

# Secretly indulge in obsessive behavior

Check to see if an email you've sent has been read by its recipient. Check again. And again. Sometimes this is very useful. Sometimes it's dangerous.
    - Matt

I too got that email Ö and it went straight to the bin where it belongs!

Whats the domain name for this??? Ill try logging in with my S/N and see what happens

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by The Dude
    Whats the domain name for this??? Ill try logging in with my S/N and see what happens
    Hi

http://mail.aim.com
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Whever i try to goto mail.aol.com or the link you provided Nich,it wont load!!!!!!!!! It goes to load,but nothing happens!!!

I dunno......I guess i wont ever be able to check out this AIM email service seeing as i cant get to it

I actually thought it was going to be a spam box. However, I signed up 2 weeks ago and I still javnt recieved one spam email. I also like the interface. I am going to use it a little bit and see how it fights spam once I get some.

Have second thoughts about that email you just sent to an AOL or AIM address? Then unsend it - unless it's been opened, in which case you're on your own.
    That's interesting :/
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

I must say that this is cool.
    What a neat little feature.
    I thought that AOL had run out of good ideas a long time ago.
    I can see many others like Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail attempting to implement something similar in the future.

Well, AOL has always had that AFAIK, since I used it in like 96 they had that unsend...
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Originally posted by Jasber
    That's interesting :/
    Note that the unsend feature only works with AOL and AIM email addresses. While I haven't used AOL in many, many years - nearly a decade you used to be able to unsend email messages sent to AOL addresses (this was back when you could only send to AOL addresses). Not sure if this is still a feature, though.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I wonder if they read emails sent and recieved on thier server....

Remember,they legally tell you YOU HAVE NO PRIVACY USING AIM........Who knows..........

I don't like anything that has to do with AOL, so I won't even be trying out this junk.

I remember when Google announced that Gmail would have 1GB of storage, and that seemed like a ton for free email, but now that seems like nothing. Now Gmail is almost at 2.4GB, Yahoo is at 1GB, Hotmail is at 250MB, and now AOL with 2GB. Everything is changing, the days of 2MB free email accounts are over.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Originally posted by HostingInsider
    I don't like anything that has to do with AOL, so I won't even be trying out this junk.

I remember when Google announced that Gmail would have 1GB of storage, and that seemed like a ton for free email, but now that seems like nothing. Now Gmail is almost at 2.4GB, Yahoo is at 1GB, Hotmail is at 250MB, and now AOL with 2GB. Everything is changing, the days of 2MB free email accounts are over.
    Changing, i use yahoo and gmail . Since the release of gmail other services like yahoo and others did not have any way to escape but to go with gmail.

I got the page to load when i went to mail.aim.com !!!!

However when i entered my details,nothing happend,no loading,etc........

I dunno

# Secretly indulge in obsessive behavior

Check to see if an email you've sent has been read by its recipient. Check again. And again. Sometimes this is very useful. Sometimes it's dangerous.
    This particular feature seems to disturb me the most.

Although sometimes you do feel that you shouldn't have sent an email, I think you are breaking the rules of the email package if you allow a user unsend something...

Also, while I would like to know if someone had read my mail, I would hate others to know if I have opened their email and decided to ignore them...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I finally got thru to this AIM MAIL..........

It kinda sux,it was slow loading,etc........Terrible (But when i clicked LOGOFF,it went straight away )

Perhaps its the DNS server our cable modem is using (Earthstink) over road runner........... (I wish i knew where to change that,i would try road runners dns server)

Well, Iíve finally tried out AIM Mail, and I must say that the interface isnít too bad (I actually prefer it to that of Hotmail). Itís a lot better than I expected, but in my opinion itís not worth it to switch.

I must say though, I actually found it to be a lot faster in loading than Hotmail (as well as mailSnare).

They do this because they want to keep customer to bring more public to their company name. Nice move Yahoo!
    But again, I am sure yahoo will be suspending accounts that get over 1 GB of mails. I wonder if someone had already tried this out.