Food For Mind - Help donate books to help children

As you are all aware, on December 25, 2004, an earthquake followed by tsunamis devastated the region of South Asia killing hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children, along with destroying homes, schools, and causing 5 million people to be homeless.

In January 2005, my friend and I started a non-profit organization called Food For Mind to collect books in order to help rebuild the schools in Sri Lanka. We have joined with a professor in Duke University who is doing a similar project, and we are hoping to collect hundreds - thousands of books throughout the summer to send to Sri Lanka.

In May 21, 2005 we sent our first batch of books totaling 160 reading and math books. Food For Mind is asking you to help by either donating books or monetary donations to cover the expensive shipping fees.

You can find out more about the organization at our website: http://foodformind.org such as how to donate, what to donate, and more.

We have added a bit of incentive by putting the name or link (whichever you prefer) of all the people who help donate on the left side of our site. This is a sort of free adveritisement to show our gratitude.

Please know that only the children will benefit and that they need to get back to their normal lives of learning so that this tragedy will not have added deleterious effects. It's never too late to do the right thing.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at anytime at [email protected]

Thank you.
    -President of Food For Mind

(I spoke to the Mods and they've okayed this thread).

Good luck with your benevolent pursuit. I'm sure you will be rewarded with, if nothing else, stories and many thanks from those whom you are helping so generously.

Thank you for the kind words.

Daily Bump.